Nothing makes me feel homicidal rage quite like trying to work with this game’s piss-poor stealth mechanics. What part of the game makes you feel that way?

• sXeth@dormi.zone
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

Deimos Conservation/Son Token grind.

So we got an Infested planet, if you were ever curious. You can never avoid enemies on Deimos because Infested missions are in a pre-alarmed permanent state, and Deimos is no exception (unlike the ohter two which will spawn guys near you but you have to actually get seen to raise alarms).

Also its in a colour scheme where the highlight from the tranq rifle is basically invisible.

And two of the possible targets are miniscule sized creatures you can have trouble seeing if you’re staying dead at the things.

• IowaMan@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

God I hate how they won’t LEAVE ME ALONE while fishing and mining. Even when invisible they just swarm you!

• Lurowene@dormi.zone
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

Having trouble with Deimos conservation is crazy especially because the infested knock out the predasites on their own and you just go up and collect it. Use archwing? Idk I did conservation like the first week Deimos came out and I have never had to do it again and I have both necramechs, all Deimos weaponry minus Sporothrix.

• sXeth@dormi.zone
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        edit-2
        1 year ago

Up until you need the tokens to do things and the turn ins for the son tokens are basically never the common predasite or vulp which are the ones that get knocked out (with the alternate route being to keep crafting up those basic ones and selling them which is even more monotonous)

• xvntnc@dormi.zone
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

The worst part of Warframe is host migration.

I actually like spy missions. I can deal with unfun game mechanics and my own dumb inability to deal with them (e.g. losing a defense target to a toxin eximus because I wasn’t paying enough attention). What really bugs me is when I lose progress because the games lack of checkpointing and awkward net code causes me to lose an hour of progress.

• MarthaRagnos@dormi.zoneOP
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

Was waiting for someone to say this. Host migration is, to me, truly one of Warframe’s oldest and most annoying flaws and it’s one I doubt will change. They’d have to fundamentally change how matchmaking works to change it.

• Halasham@dormi.zone
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    edit-2
    1 year ago

Anything that has me having to work in a group or on a timer in the open worlds. My PC runs the open worlds like its got rigor mortis for the first few minutes so things like the Orb Mothers or Archon Hunts with open world segments are horrible.

• CheeseNoodle@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

The fact that stealth isn’t rewarded, You can’t do it in pubs and there’s no reward for doing the mission in a way that takes 10x longer (affinity no longer counts there are far faster ways that don’t involve stealth)

• Matt@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

This is what I think too. I played before things like Melee 3.0, and when you were new you usually took a more stealthy approach as going in guns ablazing was a surefire way to get yourself killed, and honestly, it was fun!

However, once I got an arsenal, it just stopped being worth it entirely, and I miss it. Using stealth frames isn’t quite the same when you’re just totally invisible for the whole thing and there’s not really any effort into being stealthy.

• AuntieEevee@dormi.zone
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        1 year ago

This happened to me yesterday, and I was playing during a migraine hangover, so I didn’t understand what was going on, I captured the target and cracked the relic, why don’t you let me go home?

Then I looked at the mission objective and raged at all the enemies around me.

• senrath@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      edit-2
      1 year ago

Yup. If I’m not in a fissure where I would have to kill a bunch of enemies anyway, I just quit out and run the mission again, which still manages to be faster than doing the exterminate part.

• Kayrozen@dormi.zone
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

The armor scaling is what’s making me cry on lonely nights. 90% of all the general problem warframe has is linked to it. Like, at low lever it’s not an issue, but as soon as armor start providing more ehp than shields, things go south fast. it makes armored enemies so resistant that if you don’t account for it, you are bound to fail your mission. hell, the powercreep got so bad around it, that when you bring your weapon that do just ok against armor in corpus/infested missions things dies so fast, you blink and you miss them. this is not healthy for the game

• Kaldo@kbin.social
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    edit-2
    1 year ago

You mean because of spy missions? Infiltrate Ivara makes them kinda fun to me tbh

Defense is my nemesis. Usually it’s the highlight of games like these, just mowing enemies left and right as they’re coming at you in hordes and here it’s the most tedious, boring, slow and glitchy experience you could have imagined.

• IowaMan@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

Mega hot take is that defense should largely be removed or at minimum reworked. It breaks half the time and pathing clearly isn’t designed for it. It’s the slowest game mode now that they redesigned tile sets to make it last longer than 5 minutes.

• MarthaRagnos@dormi.zoneOP
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

I was doing stealth kills on Adaro to level up the Kuva Hek when I posted this. In that endeavor, the stealth mechanisms are very frustrating.

• imnapr
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

For me Eidolon hunts. Im only doing it to get arcane energize and I hate it. Besides that Im not a HUGE fan of faction rep gain being time gated.

• migoq@dormi.zone
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

definitely it’s impact and puncture damage being borderline useless and just bad on their own

• hiv_aidss@dormi.zone
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

Warframe: Ninja play free “The Ninja were the famous legendary Japanese warriors who were experts in stealth arts” ok…

in-game: shooting everywhere, skill that makes meteors fall from the sky, knife that shoots, robot that shoots like a war tank…

Even in spy mission, if there are any enemies on the way, you’ll fill the guy with bullets. It was supposed to be about ninjas, and it never was, I still love this game.

• Phrax@reddthat.com
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

I normally don’t mind spies as Wukong is my favorite frame and he trivializes them in 5min. But I hated the forced stealth in TNW because that takes away all your toys. You are forced to engage with everything. You actually must sit down for half an hour or more and trial and error or YouTube 10+ steps of sneaking around. And you have to do them all correct or nothing you learned gets saved. So it’s not just forced stealth, it’s forced roguelike!

• Carl Cravens@dormi.zone
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

This was my favorite part of TNW, for those exact reasons.

But I love stealth play and have been frustrated that Warframe doesn’t reward it.

• Dirk Darkly@sh.itjust.works
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

For me it’s the feeling of schizophrenia I get trying to follow the story as a whole. It’s a mindless web of fictional words and random creatures talking to me like I already know the whole history of this universe.

• Convict45@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

The worst part is the way our actions have no consequences and nothing matters and no one remembers what we do. There are zero in game repercussions for what we have done, whom we have saved, whom we have murdered.

• Dystopia@dormi.zone
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

Titania nuking the map in a fissure mission before everyone has finished loading in.