• dhtseany@lemmy.ml
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    edit-2
    2 months ago

Man, I found this weirdly satisfying: “But just as the judge neared the end of his sentence, Trump abruptly stood up—apparently thinking the day was over. Immediately, Merchan turned his face to the former president and said in a firm voice: ‘Sir, can you please have a seat.’ His long, black robes dangled from beneath his right hand as he waved it down, like a man addressing his dog. It wasn’t a question. Without hesitation, Trump went and plopped straight back down into his maroon leather chair at the defense table—and remained for another minute, fuming as the judge gathered his paperwork and strolled toward his chambers.”

• Pennomi@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      2 months ago

I have never once called my dog “sir”. This is a sensationalized headline to the maximum.

• EdibleFriend@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        edit-2
        2 months ago

Trump stood up to early and a judge, politely, asked him to sit back down. Trump did so without bitching.

This actually made the news.

Edit AND NOW ITS A TOP STORY HAHAHAHAA

• jaspersgroove@lemm.ee
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          arrow-down
          ·
          2 months ago

To be fair Trump doing literally fucking anything that someone other than Vladimir Putin asked him to do, without bitching about it, is incredibly newsworthy. In fact I’m not sure it’s ever happened before.

• EdibleFriend@lemmy.world
            link
            fedilink
            arrow-up
            arrow-down
            ·
            2 months ago

So…thats why we are seeing this as a news story? The title is just a red hearing to lead us to how trump didn’t complain during a mundane court activity?

• Lung@lemmy.world
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          ·
          2 months ago

Man must be sweet for Trump’s pr team who can just take the day off and go suck each other off instead. Another media cycle secured

• nilloc
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          arrow-down
          ·
          2 months ago

If he really was clicking his tongue as he walked out of the court, that’s what my MIL started doing as her Alzheimer’s dementia started getting bad.

• Kraven_the_Hunter@lemmy.dbzer0.com
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        2 months ago

You don’t? I call mine Mr. Floofers, Señor Flooferson and, around St. Patty’s day he wanted to be Shamus O’Floof. None of those are anywhere close to his actual name.

• SPRUNT@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        2 months ago

After only a few years, my dog has been knighted, has an honorary doctorate, is a king, and occasionally a monsignor. He also has a deep lineage on both the Floofington and Sheddingsworth lines.

• livus@mander.xyz
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        2 months ago

Yeah from the headline I thought the judge said “sit like a dog” to him.