• uzi@lemmy.ca
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    2 months ago

The Bill of Rights do not mention limits, the Consititutions do not mention limits, there are no limits. People are free to racial slurs, people are free make and sell ghost guns, people are free insult and mock homosexuals.

• BobaFuttbucker@reddthat.com
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      edit-2
      2 months ago

Sure you can, but you’re not protected to do so and you will face consequences for it.

You can insult and mock whoever you want as long as you’re ready to be accused of a hate crime. It’s your choice in the end. Always was.

This guy in the article chose to make ghost guns even though he lived in a state with laws against that.

The absence of limits in the Bill of Rights is not implied unlimited protection. This has been argued successfully many times over. Your understanding of the text and legal interpretations is lacking.

• uzi@lemmy.ca
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        2 months ago

Define what is a hate crime that everybody would recognize and agree.

• uzi@lemmy.ca
            link
            fedilink
            arrow-up
            arrow-down
            ·
            2 months ago

I reject laws, except for homicide and kidnapping. It can be legal to commit evil, and illegal to do a good act.

If someone does something that is not bad but deemed illegal, I would protect them from the law to protect morality. If someone I know carries concealed firearms, that is moral and just. If an intruder breaks into someone’s house, the resident has an obligation to kill the intruder immediately. I help those kinds of people to hide if the law contradicts morality