HE COMMENTED ON CIVIL RIGHTS:

When asked: Would you have said the same thing during the civil rights movement?

He replied: “What a ridiculous and self-serving oversimplification to imply the civil rights movement was successful because people stood in the street. It’s very simple, just get out of the road”

Here’s the link to the video clips.

He also said this:

“What gives you the unique moral authority to break the law because of what you believe in?.. It’s narcissistic and entitled. That’s insane. It’s like these people think the world revolved around their issue…”

The pic is just a pic I found of him.

Edit: Also, if people think he doesn’t matter, he’s literally more popular than Hasan, especially when it comes to gaming shit.

• BountifulEggnog [she/her]@hexbear.net
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    edit-2
    5 months ago

It’s kind of fascinating to me the level of brainrot some streamers get after time. This guy, Ethan from h3h3. It’s like their brain is just goo. There’s so many clips where they can’t string a thought together. Is literally just what they are now? It’s sad.

• zed_proclaimer [he/him]@hexbear.net
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      5 months ago

Asmon’s actually pretty articulate, he is just extremely selfish and honest. He doesn’t give a shit about anyone. That’s his entire ethos and shtick, being a hyperindividualist asshole.

link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          ·
          edit-2
          5 months ago

He has very absolutist hot takes and then rationalizes himself backwards into it - similar to Amber on CTH tbh. He’s pretty good at the rationalizing actually, it’s how he can justify being a multi-millionaire who lives in squalor and filth and staying up for days on end and only eating steaks. It’s how he can live such a weird alien lifestyle but justify it to himself and his audience as the most efficient, logical way to be (ironically, but not actually). He’s an avatar of a lot of gamer’s worst anti-social tendencies exaggerated to the extreme, which is why a lot of his audience probably watches is they relate but don’t take it to the sweaty anti-social extreme that he does. He is the same way in his overall mentality, idealist and to the extreme about everything because he never goes outside except to drive to mcdonalds - everything is a hypothetical in a vacuum.

Remember, WoW players hate everything and everyone including themselves. They hate the game they play. They hate Blizzard. They hate casuals. They hate tryhards. They hate how easy the game is now (it’s never been harder). Their blood is black bile and everything keeps getting worse but they keep paying blizzard money to re-run the same experiences over and over to wring dry any fondness or nostalgia they once had.

• BountifulEggnog [she/her]@hexbear.net
            link
            fedilink
            English
            arrow-up
            ·
            5 months ago

Maybe I’m misremembering, and it was actually someone else. It has been a while since I watched it. Moistcritical looks pretty similar so maybe it was him. Or maybe the clips weren’t as bad as I remember.

link
              fedilink
              English
              arrow-up
              ·
              5 months ago

he streams for like several hours a day. I’m sure there are segments of him zoning out because he hasn’t eaten a vegetable in a month. A lot of it is just criticism of games or game industry and reacting to people, it didn’t get real chuddy and gamergate-y until the past 6 months or so.

• AssortedBiscuits [they/them]@hexbear.net
            link
            fedilink
            English
            arrow-up
            ·
            5 months ago

it’s how he can justify being a multi-millionaire who lives in squalor and filth and staying up for days on end and only eating steaks.

Imagine being this much of a fucking freak. If you’re not going to spread the wealth with family or the broader community, at least spend it on yourself. Bring back ostentatious display of wealth.