A readme file for Dylan Araps from 3 days ago saying “have taken up farming” and the github page for neofetch has also been archived. Good for him I guess.

• DudeDudenson@lemmings.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    edit-2
    2 months ago

It’s all fun and games until you realize modern farm equipment has more shitty tech in it than the datacenters you’re running away from

• neclimdul@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      2 months ago

You make a good point but I think farmers get to see this thing called the sun. I hear it’s pretty neat but I wouldn’t know myself.

• evranch@lemmy.ca
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      2 months ago

There’s a reason I farm with old relics, they aren’t “optimized” like the new stuff but they’re cheap and reliable to keep running.

Most of my implements don’t even have an electrical connection and some of the tractors have literally a starter motor, alternator, battery. Maybe lights if you’re lucky!

• beeng
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        2 months ago

My farming mostly stays analogue, but that’s not to say it doesn’t require logic

• kamen@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      2 months ago

Fair point, and I can’t not think of Louis Rossmann after reading this. Still, I’m not sure how much it affects small scale farming (assuming that’s what the neofetch dev is doing).