• 👍Maximum Derek👍
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    2 months ago

This is silly. I’m in my 40’s and would never live like this.

Obviously I need a chair with back support and a bottle of Tums to go with this otherwise awesome night.

• Halasham@dormi.zone
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      2 months ago

And something to hold the TV at a reasonable viewing angle from a comfy seated position.

• The_v@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        2 months ago

My wife still thinks that the box filled with school books was not an appropriate TV stand. Sheesh… I wrapped it in a blue blanket to class it up.

• Guy_Fieris_Hair@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        2 months ago

Old milk crates were awesome for that. Hold the TV then have a place for your console underneath if you put it on it’s side.

• Kichae@lemmy.ca
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      2 months ago

I’d take a bean bag chair (I’m pretty lucky with my back, apparently), but I ain’t sitting on no floor.

My butt will fall asleep!

• pkill@programming.dev
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        2 months ago

bean bag + coffee table 💚 one sure way to make me not sit in a position that violates several principles of orthopedics and ergonomics

• Twitches@lemm.ee
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      2 months ago

Lol my body is broken I can’t sit on the floor like that for long periods of time or I might not be able to get up

• lost_faith@lemmy.ca
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      2 months ago

Maybe add some books.

Hell naw. Milk crates, lumber, and cinder blocks. All items you can find somewhere close to home.

• EmperorHenryOP
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      2 months ago

Or maybe put it on one of those super low-to-the-ground tables that they have in some places in Japan where you kneel at the table instead of sitting at it.

• grimaferve@fedia.io
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    2 months ago

Yup that’s perfection for me. Next thing I know, it’s 4AM the birds outside having an argument, me wondering what happened to the last 8 hours LOL.

• vsg@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    2 months ago

At least have a support for the TV, a table for the pizza and the videogame and a chair to sit.

• Murdoc@sh.itjust.works
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    2 months ago

Hmm, not me. I like furniture, and decorations. Odd ones to be sure, but I still like my luxuries. Lots of sensory stimulation. As for gaming, my pc is a decked out RGB circus with ultra-wide monitor.

• lost_faith@lemmy.ca
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      2 months ago

I hate the “RGB Circus”. When I had my current pc built my main spec was to “Not look like a fuckin xmas tree” lol, she laughed. Only lights from my pc is the cpu heat sync, and the network activity, there is “stuff” blocking the light from leaving the corner it is in as I sleep in the room.

• Murdoc@sh.itjust.works
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        2 months ago

Yeah, I do seem to be in the minority here on this. I wonder if this could be just an NT trait of mine, or maybe I’m AuDHD? I seem to have some similarities there but I’m still not sure. Or just a different autistic trait? I know that I like lots of stimulation. Not like chaotic and unexpected stuff, which seems autistic, but like I said, lots of decorations, trippy screensavers, I’m always touching fabrics, that kind of thing. 🤔