• LordCrom@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 month ago

Fucking disgusting.
    That’s not proper procedure, that’s assault. I would totally back that crowd if they swarmed in and beat the shit out of those cops after seeing that.

• some_guy@lemmy.sdf.org
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 month ago

I completely expected at least some incidents of crowds mass uprising against cops during the 2020 brutalities. I don’t mean burning down police stations. I mean literally attacking every cop on the street after Twitter was awash with cops running over protesters, cracking an old mans skull open, etc. I would have thought cops would be afraid of citizen mobs coming to their homes.

The degree of repression that we just accept, despite our anger, is shocking to me. And I say this as an anti-violence person. I wouldn’t have taken part in such an uprising. But I thought there are enough people who would be pushed over the edge that I was sorta dismayed that a mini-revolution didn’t happen.

• SkyezOpen@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        1 month ago

cracking an old mans skull open

The fact that the national guard stepped in immediately after the cop walked away is so telling. The actual military, deployed with rifles to calm down the riots, gives more of a shit about people than the police.

• BadlyTimedLuck@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        1 month ago

YES! YES! YES! THIS IS LITERALLY WHY I’M ANGRY. I DON’T CARE THAT THERE’S FASCISTS!!! WHEN ARE WE FIGHTING BACK? I WANT TO FIGHT BACK!

• Asafum@feddit.nl
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 month ago

Just remember: all protestors are antisemities

Also: “cops aren’t bad, there’s just one or two bad apples.”

…ffs

• hperrin@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        1 month ago

Yeah, I never understood why they use that phrase. I swear not a single one has heard the entire phrase:

A few bad apples spoil the bunch.

• Ænima@lemm.ee
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 month ago

Honestly, until the working class realizes the cops work for the capitalists and are there to protect their property, not civilians, we will see more “don’t have anything to fear” crowd stepping in to assist against this kind of thing.

However, most are still hung up on wedge issues like abortion to unite against the powers of their own oppression. So long as cops are seen as protectors to some, we will have bootlickers tonguing some pork brown-eye.