• Amphobet@lemmy.dbzer0.com
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    11 months ago

Irritating. I’m trying to extricate myself from Google entirely, but in the meantime I’ve used uBlock Origin to block the notification.

• imperator3733@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    11 months ago

Enhanced Safe Browsing was released in 2007 as an upgrade to Google’s standard Safe Browsing feature that warns users when they visit known phishing and malware sites.

That’s gotta be a typo. Gmail itself came out in 2004, and I doubt that “Safe Browsing” and then “Enhanced Safe Browsing” both came out in the first three years.

I’m guessing it’s supposed to be 2017?

Regardless of when it came out, the nagging prompts sure are annoying.

• EnderWi99in@kbin.social
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      11 months ago

Of course they do… Most organizations in the US are using Gmail at this point. I don’t even know a single person in my life that doesn’t.

• DarkUFO@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      11 months ago

Every single person I know uses gmail here where I live. I’m the local IT guy here in my small village in the UK and I’ve not come across anyone NOT using gmail

• rebul@kbin.social
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        11 months ago

That’s sad. Too bad the entire village doesn’t know that Google is shite and that there are better options available.

• DarkUFO@lemmy.world
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          ·
          11 months ago

But it’s not shit for them. It’s always works, never down, works fast, and reliably on the computers/laptops/phones etc. Most people could not give a monkies if they are tracking cookies. It’s easy to use so they have no reason to move away. Not everyone is a tech nerd who looks for other solutions which are normally more complex. They just want something that works, and that is why gmail/google is popular.