I just want to say that, for some reason, there’s been a lot of downvotes on articles, and no comments. Why is this? What is bothering people about the Operations Log? I can help people who criticize a post, but not people who simply downvote it. Everyone opposed to image theft is allowed here, and your opinion will be listened to. Please say something instead of just downvoting. Upvotes without comments are a similar problem, but I want to fix things that are wrong.

And if you’re downvoting this because it shows up in your feed and you don’t want it, just say so. I have a hunch that it’s Boosters fueling their agenda, or Doomers having nihilistic fun, but you can’t trust hunches.

• 33550336@lemmy.worldM
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    19 days ago

I am also very curious, why the Anti AI articles get so many downvotes. It is quite unusual to get so many downvote for a publicly published article etc., especially without any comments.

• Daqu@lemm.ee
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    2 months ago

I downvoted this post because you sound like a jerk.

• WonderfulWanderer@lemmy.worldM
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    2 months ago

It’s just community just starting out. r/artisthate was like that for the first few weeks too until a significant number of regulars emerged. Internet is also very open towards uncritical ML fanaticism that hates critics with a burning passion, and god, are they not loud.

• pavnilschanda@lemmy.worldM
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    edit-2
    2 months ago

That happens on Reddit too. Maybe you should consider this lemmy instance’s general stance on AI. Given this community’s solid stance on being anti-AI, you’re not completely wrong with your hunch that the ones who downvote may be said boosters and doomers. And the lack of comments might be due to the community’s zero-tolerance policy for pro-AI sentiments, so they may be hesitant to comment here. I appreciate you creating this space though given how we should be aware of the pitfalls of AI, and keep up the good work. If you’re looking for more discussion and supporters, I don’t know about other lemmy instances, but I know that Reddit itself tends to take an anti-AI stance, so you can also gather supporters there (if you haven’t already).