• Holzkohlen@feddit.de
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    1 month ago

Photoshop is also hard to learn. What’s your point? Just because it’s different to what you used to does not means it’s more or less difficult to learn.

• PotatoesFall
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 month ago

I’m not used to photoshop so I can’t say anything about that.

I was a big fan of paint.NET but now that I stopped using Windows, it’s the only software that I really miss.

It had fewer features than GIMP, but it was so intuitive yet surprisingly powerful.

Have not found a similarly amazing alrernative, I wish Wine could make it work…

• tuna
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        1 month ago

Not having Paint.NET sucked when I switched to Linux. I got very used to it and that was the one I missed most… it took a few years bouncing between programs but I’m happy with Krita now. GIMP just never clicked for me unfortunately.

I sometimes think about making a Paint.NET clone for linux but i have too many other projects and hobbies i wanna do instead yk

• PotatoesFall
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          ·
          1 month ago

You could contribute to Pinta, which I’m pretty sure has the same vision

• tuna
            link
            fedilink
            arrow-up
            ·
            1 month ago

Ooo cool, thanks for sharing!

• Irelephant@lemm.ee
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        8 days ago

Does it run with WINE? iirc it was used a lot as an example for wine on android because it supported windows-on-arm