• boredsquirrel@slrpnk.net
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    27 days ago

Yeah I also tried CentOS Stream 9 with KDE Plasma (see a recent post of mine). And:

• they messed up the systemsettings order completely in 5.27
    • the tiling is completely broken for some reason too

I havent yet seen any actual backports and fixes. The tiling stuff (Meta + arrows) is known and completely broken.

I like Plasma 6 a lot, it is way more stable than 5, but I am on an all intel coreboot Laptop and I dont use special software.

• nexussapphire@lemm.ee
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      27 days ago

And I use arch because it was the first one that worked well on my hardware. Being into software development it’s probably not surprising to say I’m attracted to shiny new technologies.

I love the fact your using Linux for your digital art. It validates the notion I’ve had about potentially using Linux for learning how to create illustrations and potentially small animations. I’ve used tools like gimp for Photoshop like stuff and davinchi resolve (a tool I’ve used) works on Linux. I might pick up a cheap little waycom eventually and see what happens.

It would be fun to have a stream where software I wrote allows people to shout over each other (running completely locally) while I fail at drawing or making more janky code to do useful/silly stuff.