Just 1.4% of cases were among people who received two vaccine doses.

• phoenixz@lemmy.ca
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    29 days ago

Make vaccines obligatory. Take people kicking and screaming if you have to, don’t care. The entire bullshit line “but muh rights” has nothing to do with this, you don’t have the right to make the world a worse place, you don’t have the right to risk other people’s lives.

Make vaccines obligatory, exceptions only for those that have real and supported medical reasons like auto immune diseases.

If you don’t, you get fine, jailed, and vaccinated anyway.

Ah, that feels good writing that down.

• TBi@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      29 days ago

They can have their rights, just in this case they have the right to go somewhere else and not endanger our kids!

• phoenixz@lemmy.ca
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        29 days ago

Going somewhere else won’t solve the issue. Vaccinate, period, end of discussion

• TBi@lemmy.world
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          ·
          edit-2
          28 days ago

I know but if everyone stands by the rules then they’ll only find refuge in the back end of no where. Then they can’t hurt anyone else.

Maybe put a warning on that town for others. “Biohazard zone, enter at own risk”.

BTW I do agree your way is the better option! Everyone should be vaccinated unless there is a VALID medical reason not to.

• phoenixz@lemmy.ca
            link
            fedilink
            arrow-up
            ·
            28 days ago

Well yeah, there are valid medical reasons why you can’t vaccinate. typically you’re quite I’ll by then and actually NEED everyone else to vaccinate to avoid you getting sick from bullshit preventable diseases.

• Case@lemmynsfw.com
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      27 days ago

There are people who legitimately can’t take some vaccines for legit medical reasons. For example, I worked in a hospital and was required to get an annual flu shot and it was always an issue. Why? I’m epileptic, and it could trigger a seizure. I never had an issue though, and fought to get the vaccine. Only missed one year with a charge nurse who wouldn’t risk it. I then went and got it on my own. Hospital acquired infections are no joke, and that applies to the staff as well as patients.

But other than that, I agree.

• phoenixz@lemmy.ca
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        27 days ago

That’s why I said with exceptions for those that have legitimate medical reasons, doctors should have to sign off on that.

And quickly for those that think “ooohhh, I’m a doctor and I’m antivaxxer, I can sign” (and yeah, those exist unfortunately) you wouldn’t be the first one to go to jail for that, though as far as om concerned, if you mess with human safety because of your conspiracy beliefs, you can go to jail for 20 years instead of 2.

• AA5B@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      edit-2
      29 days ago

Is Chicken Pox even a required vaccine?

That vaccine is new enough that there are still a lot of us that pre-dated it, plus the article did talk about immigration from places without a program.

Which leads to why is there a separate Shingles vaccine? I thought Shingles was Chicken Pox that hibernated your whole life and may manifest differently. So, why wouldn’t it be the same vaccine? When kids who were vaccinated against Chicken Pox grow up, will there be any more Shingles? Will there be any need for a Shibgles vaccine?