• RadicalEagle@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    16 days ago

I’m still learning the game and one of the things I think is really funny is the fact that I play it completely wrong from an “optimal gameplay” perspective. I was in a group with good players who were patient enough to show me the ropes, but I could feel them facepalming whenever I did something stupid. It’s always fun being the self aware new guy when your teammates are willing to put up with your incompetence because they recognize you’re still learning.

• Seraph@fedia.io
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      16 days ago

If it helps, I likely didn’t notice you did something stupid, unless that something stupid was calling an orbital down on me while I try to clear nests.

link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        16 days ago

Oh my teammates definitely noticed my mistakes. I picked up someone else’s support weapon after they died and they held me at gunpoint until I figured out how to drop it. It was hilarious and I’m really glad they put up with my incompetence.

• Seraph@fedia.io
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          ·
          16 days ago

I had a level 27 do this to me the other day! While tempting to turn him into molten lead as he should have known better, I just shrugged and went for the more difficult challenge! Working on my growth mindset.

• QuadratureSurfer@lemmy.world
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          ·
          16 days ago

Just so you know, if it’s an EAT (Expendable Anti-Tank) it’s totally okay to grab those whenever. We get them every minute and call them down as much as possible all over the map so that they can be used whenever heavies show up.

• jballs@sh.itjust.worksOP
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      16 days ago

I was fortunate to learn with my group of friends at the same time. But I do play with my brother occasionally who isn’t nearly as sweaty as I am. So I try to bite my tongue when he does something dumb. But more often than not, I fail at restraining myself because he’s my brother.

link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        16 days ago

Yeah, my brother enjoys the game for the chaos. Whenever I play with him I just roleplay as a super earth zealot, that way regardless of if I’m being sweaty or not everyone gets to have fun for their own reasons.

link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          ·
          16 days ago

Lol I like that idea. I’m picturing something like the drill sergeant in Full Metal Jacket just hurling insults at him the whole time.

Oh that’s right, Private, don’t make any fucking effort to get to the fucking extract. If God would have wanted you here he would have miracled your ass here by now, wouldn’t he?

• tekeous@usenet.lol
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    16 days ago

I got Servo Assisted so no, they’re going back where they were with a mighty yeet

link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      16 days ago

I play with my brother a lot and intentionally give him a servo assisted yeet in the other direction if he’s pissing me off.

• Seraph@fedia.io
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    edit-2
    15 days ago

I’ve had to apologize to someone that I wasn’t calling them in a FULL MINUTE LATER because the two guys he was with wouldn’t do it and I was clearing stuff across the map.

• Aeri@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    8 days ago

There are times I want to reinforce but I know that if I called them in where I was they’d just get fucking obliterated.

link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      8 days ago

That’s where the Hellpod Power Steering upgrade is clutch! You can take yourself pretty damn far away if you want to.

• Aeri@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        8 days ago

Fun fact, you can ““laser guide”” your hellpod.

This is completely pointless, but funny. Most weapons have a laser sight that comes up if you ADS, this appears facing the ground while you’re dropping.