• Thoralf Will
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    12 days ago

I sold my watch because I was so annoyed by the bad battery life.

I expect a watch to run for a couple of days at least. Charging it while taking a shower must be sufficient. And I do not shower for half an hour.

As long as the Apple Watch is not able to do that, it’s a no-go for me.

• kalleboo@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      11 days ago

“A couple of days” seems like the worst of both worlds - it needs to be charged often, but not on a fixed schedule, so you have to keep tabs on the battery and plan ahead.

Personally I just have a charger on my night stand and charge it every night alongside my phone. It’s an easy routine and I don’t want to sleep with a watch on anyway (smart or not) since when I do I eventually get a rash on my wrist.

For those who want to do sleep tracking, they need to speed up charging so that the “charging while I take a shower” works for those of us who take shorter showers

• LucidNightmare@lemm.ee
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        11 days ago

Just thought I’d mention that if you are getting a rash when sleeping with the watch, you need to start cleaning the bottom of the watch or clean it better. I wipe mine down with an alcohol wipe once a day, and use my nails to get the wipe into the crevices where dirt and sweat might be building up. Hope that helps you!