There are a lot of news articles about “back to the office”, but they recirculate the same bad ideas. Let’s provide some new ideas for the media to circulate. It may also have the effect of making the office less terrible.

I would like my work computer to do Windows updates lightning quick in the office. It currently takes weeks, in or out of the office. Stopping in for a day makes no difference, so there is no point. Now, if there was a point, I would go in.

What would get you in the office?

• RawrGuthlaf@lemmy.sdf.org
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    11 months ago

I moved during the pandemic when we were all remote. But let’s pretend I went back to the office near where I used to live.

I would expect it to be an inviting, colorful environment. Put effort into decorating . Give me an office with windows, and a door. Not a gray cube and off-white walls that feels like I’m going to die in it. Other incentives like a guaranteed parking spot would be fantastic. Maybe provide lunch. I think Google at least used to provide a great office environment.

I would also want more money because transportation is very expensive now. And it takes time. That’s less time with my kids and to handle chores properly. Often cost saving chores.

• MNByChoice@midwest.socialOP
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      11 months ago

inviting, colorful environment. Put effort into decorating . Give me an office with windows, and a door.

Very true. The work office would need to at least match my home office.

more money

Hiring help to handle the extra I have gotten used to doing would be important.