• Thorny_Thicket@sopuli.xyz
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    11 months ago

I drink several cups a day but even if I don’t I still feel the same. I’m not one of those “don’t talk to me before I’ve had my coffee” -guys. I just drink it out of habit and because I like the taste. I don’t feel like it effects me in almost any way. I can even drink a cup few hours before sleep. I guess you could say it’s an addiction since I do it every day and don’t want to stop but I’d still rather just consider it a habit in my case.

• musicmind333@mastodon.social
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      11 months ago

@Thorny_Thicket @qooqie
      I could be wrong but this sounds surprisingly like the “I don’t actually need it, I can quit at any time, I just don’t want to” trope.
      Just put of curiosity if you switched to decaff for a month or something would you notice or feel any difference?

I’m not a coffee drinker so I don’t really know what it’s like. (I’ll do tea every now and again but nothing daily or multiple times a day)

• spittingimage@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        11 months ago

I have the same coffee drinking habits, and someone challenged me to give it up for a week to prove I’m not addicted. I didn’t have any symptoms but I was surprised to find I genuinely craved a hot drink several times a day. Hot water with lemon filled the gap until the week was over.

• Thorny_Thicket@sopuli.xyz
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        edit-2
        11 months ago

In my case I simply don’t see the need to quit. I don’t see it having a negative effect on my life and I don’t believe it to be particulary unhealthy either.

• Joojele
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      11 months ago

I had that as well. Didn’t feel any real benefits/effects from it and also no abstinence symptoms but drank coffee occasionally because of taste.

Then my high blood pressure was discovered, I was put on medication and since then I feel the rush of caffeine and unfortunately the headache after withdrawal as well.