• rbesfe@lemmy.ca
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    edit-2
    3 days ago

I unironically use this to remember anything extra beyond my wallet phone and keys

• Asafum@feddit.nl
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    3 days ago

I do what I call “the Moron Macarena” just before I close the door. I pat each pocket and cross my arms patting the pockets again just to look extra stupid when I do it lol

• rimjob_rainer
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    2 days ago

I pay with the phone and open the door with my thumbprint. Before this I always had to triple check and was always stressed when leaving the house.

• Gork@lemm.ee
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    3 days ago

Phone left pocket on it’s own (to prevent scratches). Keys, wallet in right pocket.

If I’m not feeling either of those masses or a key jingle then I know I’m missing something.

• Owl@mander.xyz
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          ·
          3 days ago

Then why put your phone into your left pocket ? To perform a half macarena of shame everytime you get a call ?

• Zorque@lemmy.world
            link
            fedilink
            English
            arrow-up
            ·
            3 days ago

Just because one is right-hand dominant doesn’t mean one has to use that hand for everything.

Personally, I do the same. Probably because I had a wallet and keys before I ever had a phone in my pockets, so its habit to put it in the unused one.

• Persen@lemmy.world
              link
              fedilink
              arrow-up
              ·
              3 days ago

I use my right hand for everything. I just can’t do anything remotely precise with my left hand. I can’t even write with it. The only activities I can do with my left hand are assisting my right hand (for example holding somerhing long).

• Gork@lemm.ee
              link
              fedilink
              arrow-up
              ·
              3 days ago

That’s the reason for me as well. Always had wallet and keys in my right pocket, then had to find a place to put my phone when they became a thing. So it ended up in the left pocket.

• eezeebee@lemmy.ca
            link
            fedilink
            English
            arrow-up
            ·
            3 days ago

I’m right-handed and use my left hand to hold my phone. The right hand is for more important things.

• tiredofsametab@kbin.run
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      3 days ago

Same except keys are clipped on a belt loop and I have a handkerchief with my wallet in my right front pocket (Japan is super humid so a lot of sweat-wiping happens). Also right-handed, but I hold my phone with my left and enter the passcode with my right hand (I don’t use the fingerprint scanner)

• OpenStars@discuss.online
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        3 days ago

I’m glad that we can be a source of great amusement for them.

Oh wait, no, I mean “you” - cause I totally never do that, never ever ever ever 😉.

• kamenLady.@lemmy.world
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          ·
          edit-2
          3 days ago

And we, sorry i mean, i, am not alone.

A colleague at work always makes a slow walk to the door, saying bye to everybody, talking a little and almost always a kind of joke marks his exit.

Just to return a few minutes later and hurry through the office and disappear again without saying a word

• bstix@feddit.dk
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    3 days ago

I’m pretty much opposite. I don’t even know why I carry this unknown mass around in my pockets. My keys are probably in there, otherwise the car wouldn’t start.

• LogicalDrivel@sopuli.xyz
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    3 days ago

I have ADHD and recently just quit nicotine. So for the past few months I run through my mental checklist including the vapes that are no longer part of my checklist because they were part of it for so long. then I have to consciously tell myself I don’t vape anymore and have to redo the list In my head without the vapes. I never feel like I have everything…