link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    edit-2
    2 months ago

Now would’ve been the time to strike!

But Russia is doing at least one thing right, getting rid of fucking Microsoft products. Fuck that shit.

• sunzu@kbin.run
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      2 months ago

I don’t understand why other countries got so into microshit, it has always been a national security risk for anyone who is not US.

Imagine all that foss that could be had if governments funded open source development… standardization and interoperability intra and inter governments.

Instead we got whatever this clown set up is lol

• Diplomjodler@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        2 months ago

Governments have no real interest in IT security because that would make it harder for them to snoop on their populations.

• sunzu@kbin.run
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          arrow-down
          ·
          2 months ago

so much for that thing like like to rub in my face every time, they got and i don’t: “sovereignty”

• lordnikon@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        2 months ago

Governments did fund projects like that think of BASIC. Problem is companies took that public resource and made a lot of money and thus a lot of control. Learning the history of mini computers and early Unix. that story is told over and over.

• atro_city@fedia.io
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        2 months ago

Their citizens don’t care. How many people do you know that even know what an operating system is? I don’t even know what fos (F operating system?) is! The politicians here barely even know how to operate a phone. They all buy that apple shit.