Need to let loose a primal scream without collecting footnotes first? Have a sneer percolating in your system but not enough time/energy to make a whole post about it? Go forth and be mid: Welcome to the Stubsack, your first port of call for learning fresh Awful youā€™ll near-instantly regret.

Any awful.systems sub may be subsneered in this subthread, techtakes or no.

If your sneer seems higher quality than you thought, feel free to cutā€™nā€™paste it into its own post ā€” thereā€™s no quota for posting and the bar really isnā€™t that high.

The post Xitter web has spawned soo many ā€œesotericā€ right wing freaks, but thereā€™s no appropriate sneer-space for them. Iā€™m talking redscare-ish, reality challenged ā€œculture criticsā€ who write about everything but understand nothing. Iā€™m talking about reply-guys who make the same 6 tweets about the same 3 subjects. Theyā€™re inescapable at this point, yet I donā€™t see them mocked (as much as they should be)

Like, there was one dude a while back who insisted that women couldnā€™t be surgeons because they didnā€™t believe in the moon or in stars? I think each and every one of these guys is uniquely fucked up and if I canā€™t escape them, I would love to sneer at them.

• sc_griffith@awful.systems
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      Ā·
      2 months ago

we still keep a proportion of Protonā€™s financial reserves in Bitcoin.

further down the page

Proton is not a crypto company. We do not speculate in crypto

• self@awful.systems
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        Ā·
        2 months ago

so Iā€™ve accidentally been paying shitheads who speculate on crypto to speculate on crypto. Iā€™m kinda angry at myself for not catching this.

• Mii@awful.systems
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      Ā·
      edit-2
      1 month ago

The fuck is happening over there?

I could have ā€œexcusedā€ the AI bullshit as ā€œwe did it to appease the corporate customers who make us moneyā€ but thereā€™s no way you can spin this.

Iā€™m canceling my account. At this point I might just say fuck it and use my Yahoo mail for everything again.

(And this time the Reddit thread is the dumpster fire Iā€™ve been expecting the last one to be lol)

• earthquake@lemm.ee
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      Ā·
      1 month ago

Canā€™t blame this shit on the survey!

I checked, crypto shit was not in any of the top 8 results (top 5 broken out, and they mentioned 3 more, which are surely #6 through #8).

• froztbyte@awful.systems
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      Ā·
      edit-2
      1 month ago

Iā€™m sorry, whatā€™s a 1-2-punch, idgi šŸ¤”šŸ¤”šŸ¤”

(big fat fucking /s ofc)