• Zos_Kia@lemmynsfw.com
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    edit-2
    2 months ago

I got way too hard into the Minecraft anarchy scene so I’ve got knowledge that even Minecraft fans find abhorrent.

Setting up bots and automation, using server exploits to hunt for hidden bases, exploiting item duplication glitches, and of course using cheat clients. I’ve even written a few hacks for a private client my group used to make.

• LazaroFilm@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      2 months ago

Meanwhile I get blown up by a creeper trying to set up a fence around my cobblestone and dirt house…

• Zos_Kia@lemmynsfw.com
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        2 months ago

haha yeah, same when I play solo without cheats. but it’s better to have a creeper blow a hole in your dirt shack than in your carefully designed redstone contraption!

• LazaroFilm@lemmy.world
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          ·
          edit-2
          2 months ago

Cats. Cats everywhere. I started playing Minecraft a few months ago. My kid wanted to play it so I decided to try it. Now I’m hooked.

• Zos_Kia@lemmynsfw.com
            link
            fedilink
            arrow-up
            arrow-down
            ·
            2 months ago

haha yeah it ain’t a good base if it doesn’t have dozens of pets sitting around. You should show your kid how to tame parrots with seeds, he’s gonna love it !

• Zos_Kia@lemmynsfw.com
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        2 months ago

Yes you got it ! By combining redstone elements you can make all the basic logic gates. You combine logic gates to make binary adders, multipliers etc… You can store data as inventories, like for example a chest with 5 slots filled won’t give the same signal as a chest with 3 slots filled. And finally you have various elements that can light up when powered so you make displays out of that.

• cheese_greater@lemmy.world
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          ·
          edit-2
          2 months ago

What can you actually all do within the context of the game and its limitations?

Like what beneficial ends can it help achieve?

• Zos_Kia@lemmynsfw.com
            link
            fedilink
            arrow-up
            arrow-down
            ·
            2 months ago

Oh, it is functionally useless in the context of the game, more of a “because they can” kind of deal… That is why you’ll almost exclusively see that kind of things in Creative mode - it eats up tons of resources for no discernible end.