• Gollum@feddit.orgOP
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      2 months ago

I am sorry guys but I guess it is an issue with your clients, the image has a pretty high resolution.

Ask the author of your Lemmy client for a fix :D

• aeharding@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        edit-2
        2 months ago

It’s not a client issue. It’s a lemmy/instance-specific issue. Look at the following link in your browser, then tap the image to expand. You will see bad image quality. https://lemmy.world/comment/11323036

Edit: Works fine with my vger.social account. Looks like shit on lemmy.world.

Edit 2: Looks like shit on sh.itjust.works and lemmy.world. Which are both running very outdated 0.19.3. Looks great on feddit.org, vger.social, lemm.ee which are running up to date version of Lemmy (0.19.5).

• Tarquinn2049@lemmy.world
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          ·
          2 months ago

Hmm, I’m on world, but using sync as my client and the image opens to full res when I tap on it. So it is at least something a client can fix.

• aeharding@lemmy.world
            link
            fedilink
            English
            arrow-up
            ·
            2 months ago

Probably because Sync on your phone is connecting/downloading directly from Imgur, which is bad for privacy. Voyager uses the image cached on your instance, if possible, to avoid connecting to arbitrary hosts to load images when browsing your feed.

• Tarquinn2049@lemmy.world
              link
              fedilink
              English
              arrow-up
              ·
              edit-2
              2 months ago

Oh ok. Well I probably like this better. If it had a toggle in options, I would toggle it this way. But it sounds like it should have a toggle in options at least. For all I know, maybe it does.

• Optional@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        2 months ago

So on Voyager, if you click the image, then use the three-dot menu to select “open in browser” it will open the high res image direct from imgur.

Otherwise yeah it’s viciously downscaled

• SanguinePar@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    2 months ago

Really cool chart.

Not sure if OP is among us, but a couple of thoughts (meant constructively):

• “Map” seems like the wrong word to me - chart maybe?
    • There’s a typo on Tolkien/Tolkein
    • “Age of Discovery” might be disputed by the people already living in the places “discovered”

Very interesting though

• ChicoSuave@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    2 months ago

Why is “Business Leader” a category? What actual business leader has had any kind of long term effect on mankind? Gutenberg is the only one that comes to mind. Why are we acknowledging business leaders contributions when the biggest criticism of them as people is that they don’t contribute?

Legit love the pirates covered as business leaders though.

• youngalfred@lemm.ee
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    2 months ago

Does the vertical positioning of the lines mean anything? It’s useful to see people who existed at the same time, but I wonder if there’s a better way of grouping like people rather than colour and toss them anywhere.

• Albbi@lemmy.ca
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    2 months ago

Kinda sad to see that Donatello wasn’t alive at the same time as the other ninja turtles.

• Optional@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    2 months ago

Genghis Khan was a contempirary of St Francis of Assisi? And Thomas Acquinas came after Francis? Wild.

• yildolw@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    2 months ago

Ivan the Terrible is wrong by 2 centuries. The picture has him as 1754-1793, somehow after Peter the Great, but he actually lived 1530-1584. That’s a really weird mistake

The didn’t confuse Ivan the Terrible with Catherine the Great, because she lived 1729-1796 so those dates don’t match either

• Successful_Try543@feddit.org
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      edit-2
      2 months ago

Catherine the Great is included further down with correct dates, but only as “Royal” instead of “Tsar”.