• katy ✨@lemmy.blahaj.zone
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    2 months ago

i mean there was a crowdstrike outage hitting linux in april; the difference is that windows is just more prevalent in the mainstream so it’s more noticeable.

• kevincox@lemmy.ml
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      2 months ago

More likely the overlap of “running on Linux” and “needs to run AV software for compliance” is much smaller than “running on Windows” and the latter.

I’m sure people would notice if all of the major online services started crashing.

• eldain@feddit.nl
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    2 months ago

I just found out my KDE calendar (when you click the clock) skips 3 months when you click the arrow to next month. (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

• lattrommi@lemmy.ml
      link
      fedilink
      中文
      arrow-up
      ·
      2 months ago

weird, mine does too. at least they fixed the KDE calculator… mostly. before the last update it wasn’t using the result of calculations to start the next calculation. so typing 2+2 then hitting enter gave 4 but if you typed +2 after that, it would error. had to type the answer if starting a new calculation. it was very frustrating.

• ulterno@lemmy.kde.social
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      2 months ago

Just ran sudo pacman -Syu to see if I can get this new feature.

Unfortunately, no kde related update and my current version doesn’t have said feature.

• eldain@feddit.nl
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        2 months ago

Who knows, haven’t tried it today, maybe its like the “can’t print on tuesdays” bug and only triggers on certain days when I try to check what weekday a contract ends ¯_(ツ)_/¯

• Troy@lemmy.ca
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      2 months ago

And has broken those systems in the past. But diversity in implementations across Linux systems likely means it doesn’t break all systems simultaneously.

• Jaromil@fed.dyne.orgOP
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    2 months ago

lol mates ok its old news but this meme was missing from here so I thought it was worth archiving for future inspiration, I love it, it is so melancholic

• HauntedCupcake@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      edit-2
      2 months ago

Just to clarify, at different times and on certain specific distros. So the meme is still correct. It’s not strange that a bug several months ago isn’t affecting Linux at the same time as the Windows bug.

The Linux people can be annoying, but that’s not an excuse to spread arguably false or irrelevant information

• zeh@mstdn.io
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    2 months ago

@jaromil
    yeaaaa… there are plenty of excuses not to work, though.

what really cuts me is that linux and foss and the commons we built is being used by corporations to exploit us and to prop up capitalism. that cost is too much.