• Mouselemming@sh.itjust.works
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    edit-2
    2 months ago

Buying groceries and putting them away is a biggish task. And when you’re done, you’re tired of looking at food and thinking about all the prep work of cooking food. But most of what you have isn’t food yet, it’s still ingredients.

You deserve to have that one ready dinner tonight, whether it’s pizza or rotisserie chicken or sushi or Greek-salad-inna-box or rat-onna-stick. You know you’ll do it anyway, so just plan it in as you shop.

• jballs@sh.itjust.works
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      2 months ago

I started using meal delivery kits a few years ago because of what you mentioned. I don’t mind the cooking aspect, but it’s the planning and buying groceries part that’s a pain in the ass. Having something that says “here’s everything you need, go make some food” has been a game changer for me.

• Mouselemming@sh.itjust.works
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        2 months ago

I agree with your point completely but it’s the reason those don’t appeal to me at all. I enjoy the tiny creativity of looking in the fridge and cupboard, with whatever appetite and influences my mind has picked up that day, and also an eye to what needs cooking while it’s still good, and making a meal.

• edgemaster72@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      2 months ago

Now I just wanna have a buffet of pizza, rotisserie chicken, and sushi, and I have none of these things on hand.