Job: cashier

Item doesn’t scan

Customer: “That means it’s free, right?”

🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄

Only about 4 weeks in as a cashier and I’ve heard this enough to last me a lifetime.

• UKFilmNerd@feddit.uk
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    2 months ago

When I used to work in a supermarket, I hated the stupid customers. This is a classic example. One of the soft drink companies fairly regularly gave away 50% free.

Therefore, for the same price, the bottle would be 3 litres in size rather than 2.

The amount of people who didn’t like that.

“Excuse me, where’s the 2 litre bottle?” “Oh, it’s the same price miss, you get an extra litre for free.” “But I don’t want 3 litres, I only want two!” Sigh!

• laranis@lemmy.zip
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      2 months ago

I’m with the customer on this one. Soft drinks only stay good so long so having them in a larger container works against you. Also, having a larger container means needing more space to store it, and it is heavier and more unwieldy to carry. For some that extra litre of cola might be more like a white elephant than a boon.

• Malfeasant@lemm.ee
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 month ago

Yeah, when I hauled my groceries by bicycle, I wouldn’t want the larger sizes… But I also wouldn’t be bitching out the person who isn’t involved in the decision process…

• AVincentInSpace@pawb.social
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      2 months ago

To be fair, if someone is trying to cut down on how much soda they’re drinking…

…well, in that case, they probably wouldn’t be asking for a two-liter bottle, but…