• deegeese@sopuli.xyz
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    edit-2
    2 months ago

Man born owning an emerald mine claims he supports meritocracy, will donate money to man born owning thousands of homes.

• ripcord@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    2 months ago

Did he back down from $45m/no? Sounded like be was still giving it yo a PAC to elect Trump. He was just complaining about “inaccurate” reporting of “donating to Trump” directly, because it gave him an excuse to shit on people.

• Empricorn@feddit.nl
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    2 months ago

People like Trump are surprised that people like Trump don’t have genuine loyalty to people like Trump…

• blahsay@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    2 months ago

Gotta say I read the article and Musk never says anything like knowing Trump will lose to Harris.

Is this cause he wouldn’t confirm the amount he’s donating?

• just_another_person@lemmy.worldOP
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      2 months ago

No, because he’s an idiot and says stuff before he realizes what he’s doing, then tries to back out. Just like trying to buy Twitter and a dozen other stupid things, like challenging Zuckerberg to an MMA fight or whatever.

• wildcardology@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        2 months ago

He didn’t back out. He’s just clarifying that he’s donating to a PAC instead of to Trump himself which is illegal.

• WatDabney@sopuli.xyz
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    edit-2
    2 months ago

Throw a few “OP will surely deliver” memes in between the initial promise and this retraction and you’d have a /b/ thread.

• Paragone@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    2 months ago

Never count your chickens, before they hatch.

Context ( global ) can change everything, in all kinds of ways.

I hope Harris wins, hugely, but … “The Jezebel”'s cult

( see https://www.benjaminlcorey.com/could-american-evangelicals-spot-the-antichrist-heres-the-biblical-predictions/ for evidence that the label I used is Christian-bible based, ie accurate, according to their Book of Revelations )

has promised civil war if they don’t win.

I’ve been telling people for years that US Civil War Part2, as I now call it, is going to happen with Trump…

( the actual reason is that human unconscious-mind is rather like a 70 billion pound toddler, & it wants to beat God, to break God, to MAKE GOD OBEY, and the Tantrum/Pogrom that will break the world nearly to death, because the collective-unconscious’s toddler wasn’t catered-to enough … is going to take up the rest of this century.

I expect the global everybody-going-at-everybody to begin in 2035 or 2036 or so.

There’s a stage between now & then where the US Civil War butchers NATO, & the anti-NATO empires grab all of the world that they can.

India, betting that Russia’s going to protect it from China, when Russia’s essentially a vassal-state of China, now, … India is hosed for that fight.

Anyways, it’s just The Great Filter: no religion, Abrahamic or otherwise, is the origin of it, it’s just that when someone, including a world-species, reaches nuclear-capability without earning unconscious-mind-growing-up, then … that unconscious-toddler’s going to go RAMPAGING when global population-saturation-frustration becomes inescapable AND when food-insecurity becomes global/continual, AND when political tantrum/pogrom becomes a means of “getting even” with not being catered-to, AND when religious supremacism is doing the same thing, AND when ClimatePunctuation, which WE caused, is accelerating much faster, between Temperate-Planet & Hot-Planet, through the next decades.

The kinds of predictions in that biblical stuff could have been dropped into any planet going into its Great Filter, the simultaneous terrestrial & marine food-chain-collapse ( Rev ), etc, the quakes ( rising sea-levels does that, as it alters the plate-techtonics pattern-of-stresses ), etc…

But given humankind’s unconscious-toddler is the real ruler of our world, & it “needs” to “prove that god must obey” its ignorance’s authority…

same as any narcissistic 2yo’s tantrum,

humankind’s unconscious is going to MAKE the world break, to prove that the tantrum is the ruler, the “god”…

Only problem is, that Universe isn’t going to cater to our racial-toddler…

So, either we force our own race’s unconscious into growing up …

… XOR …

we earn extinguishment.

Universe is honest, at least.

Will the “myth” making of our unconscious, in its enacting of the biblical armageddon, succeed in breaking all life, to “prove” its “greatness”?

Ask the toddlers who killed people with guns, in the US, if they “won”…

https://publications.aap.org/pediatrics/article/152/3/e2023061296/193711/Trends-and-Disparities-in-Firearm-Deaths-Among?autologincheck=redirected

not the article on toddlers, that I wanted, but … illuminating-as-hell, unfortunately…

nearly doubled in a few years, eh?

Bah. )

_ /\ _