American gen Z voters share how they feel about Kamala Harris’s presidential bid, why they like or dislike her as a candidate and whether they think she could beat Donald Trump, as the vice-president races towards winning the Democratic nomination for November’s election.

‘I think she’s just what we need’

“I think [Kamala Harris] is the only one that makes sense. She will get the votes Biden couldn’t. She could get the Black, Asian, Latino, women’s, LGBTQ+ and youth votes. She stands more for progress and equality than an old white dude and if she wins it will be historic. The Democrats need a bold move and I think she’s just what we need.

“I hope the Democrats realize what an opportunity this is for them.” Will, 22, construction worker from Portland, Oregon

• Ensign_Crab@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      2 months ago

Recent events indicate that “better candidates” is the answer to your question.

Like progressives have been saying for years.

• jpreston2005@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      1 month ago

People want to vote FOR something, not against something. We want hope for a better future.

Just look at how popular Bernie Sanders and his policy proposals are. People were excited to vote for him, because he was proposing to actually help the average American.

• xmunk@sh.itjust.works
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      2 months ago

It’s a question of priorities… is it more important to be right or to defeat fascism - if the later is your priority then shaming people for still being wrong makes the fascism more likely.