• qprimed@lemmy.ml
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      1 month ago

“hey, vance! were gonna staple this shitty project to your forehea… oh. well then. never mind. carry on.”

• frunch@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 month ago

My god, it’s a who’s-who of America’s shittiest people, all praising that heap of garbage

• danc4498@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    1 month ago

We are now all realizing that it’s time to circle the wagons and load the muskets. In the fights that lay ahead, these ideas are an essential weapon

So, political violence?

• memfree@lemmy.ml
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 month ago

For folks who don’t get to the page until it is scrubbed (which might not happen, but I expect it will), you are quoting from the “Editorial Reviews” section a quote by “Senator JD Vance”! 🫢

• danc4498@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        1 month ago

You mean Donald Trump’s running mate? That JD Vance who promoted political violence? Seems like that would be a bad thing considering somebody tried to assassinate his running mate.

• Boddhisatva@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        1 month ago

The cover of the book also says that Vance wrote the forward in the book. I hope it’s too late for the publisher to change it. I’d love to read what Trump’s VP choice has to say about the Christian Nationalist overthrow of out nation. Not that I’d ever pay money for a copy of the book, to be clear.

• Asafum@feddit.nl
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        1 month ago

“we are in the process of the second American Revolution”

Says the so-called patriot… The American Revolution was revolting from another government to make a new one. So… They hate America so much they want to make a new one. Some real patriots there…

• shalafi@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      1 month ago

That’s a nothing burger, really. Everyday political talk to my mind.

The changes here, along with your quote, are more damning:

"A sentence on the archived page that says the book “blazes a warpath for the American people to take back their country” now says it “blazes a promising path.” Another fiery sentence on the archived page read, “Just as a controlled burn preserves the longevity of a forest, conservatives need to burn down these institutions [the FBI, The New York Times, the Department of Education, etc.] if we’re to preserve the American Way of life.” It now says that those institutions “need to be dissolved if the American way of life is to be passed down to future generations.”

Also notice the Trump language: “take back their country”, “preserve the American Way of life”. Straight from the fascist playbook.

If Trump wins, I honestly hope at least some of you libs have armed yourselves and trained. I am a peaceful man, but I am not harmless.

• yesman@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    1 month ago

Vance is a big phat phony in the vein of Ted Cruz and Lindsey Graham. Even credulous MAGA smells a rat. Everybody else suspects he’s a Wall st. mole to soothe the minds of the ownership class.

No matter how you look at it, Vance is another bad deal brought to you by Donald Trump.

• Serinus@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        edit-2
        1 month ago

People talk about hard work all the time in places like Middletown. You can walk through a town where 30 percent of the young men work fewer than twenty hours a week and find not a single person aware of his own laziness.

According to him, rural people can’t find work because they’re lazy.

Oh, he also talks about punching his stepdad who “wasn’t a violent man”. I expect it’s just political grandstanding to show he was a tough kid.

• captainlezbian@lemmy.world
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          ·
          1 month ago

Like he’s right that Middletown is a shithole. But it’s a location devastated by collapse of the rust belt. It’s basically a suburb of a suburb of fucking dayton. The people of Middletown aren’t lazy, they’re desperate and they’re tired.

I don’t know how he managed to become a senator here, he clearly fucking hates Ohioans.

• Taco2112@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    1 month ago

Trump, undoubtedly aware of the plan’s growing unpopularity, has claimed, “I know nothing about Project 2025” and that “some of the things they’re saying are absolutely ridiculous and abysmal.”

How does he know things in it are abysmal if he has no knowledge of it?

• turmacar@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      1 month ago

I realize this is just my brain struggling desperately to pattern match and make sense of something that doesn’t, like seeing faces in white noise on a TV. But “they” could be the people saying things about Project 2025, not the fascist propaganda itself.

• lolcatnip@reddthat.com
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 month ago

Never before has a figure with Roberts’s depth and stature within the American Right tried to articulate a genuinely new future for conservatism

What a jackass. A new future for conservatism is an oxymoron. It makes a lot more sense when you read “conservatism” as a euphemism for authoritarianism.

• UpperBroccoli@lemmy.blahaj.zone
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 month ago

On the Amazon product page, the promotional material for the book, titled Dawn’s Early Light, highlights Roberts’s role in composing Project 2025, the Heritage Foundation proposal for a conservative fascist overhaul of the federal government.

FTFY.

• BarqsHasBite@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 month ago

As Trump desperately tries to separate his campaign from Project 2025, users on X have noted one big problem: J.D. Vance wrote the foreword to a forthcoming book by the plan’s lead author, Heritage Foundation President Kevin Roberts.

On the Amazon product page, the promotional material for the book, titled Dawn’s Early Light, highlights Roberts’s role in composing Project 2025, the Heritage Foundation proposal for a conservative overhaul of the federal government.

The product page also includes a favorable review from Vance. “Never before has a figure with Roberts’s depth and stature within the American Right tried to articulate a genuinely new future for conservatism,” the review says. “We are now all realizing that it’s time to circle the wagons and load the muskets. In the fights that lay ahead, these ideas are an essential weapon.”

• Nobody@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 month ago

Andy Beshear is the exact opposite of JD Vance. He’s an authentic, decent person who can speak to rural communities and purple states with sincerity, the one thing that is truly lacking in American politics.

I know Shapiro is the conventional wisdom pick, but Beshear is the right pick.

• cAUzapNEAGLb@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 month ago

Mark Kelly seems like the right pick to me, he’s got the overview effect and has unique experiences and leadership, already has experience in the Senate which is their main job, can probably take his swing state blue, and his seat can be easily replaced.

Shapiro is too pro-Netanyahu IMO, I’m neutral on Beshear, but his seat isn’t as easily replaceable, and losing a democratic governor would suck, and he might not take the state blue.

• Nobody@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        1 month ago

I like Kelly as a VP pick, but I don’t like turning a safe senate seat into a tossup. Beshear is term limited, so his lieutenant governor can finish the term and run as an incumbent.

I think they’re probably going with Shapiro, though. The old guard will see Pennsylvania turning blue and put their blinders on to everything else.

• cAUzapNEAGLb@lemmy.world
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          ·
          1 month ago

If Kelly gets the VP, the democratic governor of Arizona gets to pick his replacement, it’s not a special election or a tossup!

• Nobody@lemmy.world
            link
            fedilink
            English
            arrow-up
            ·
            1 month ago

I believe it would mean a special election in Arizona during the 2026 midterms. That’s a concern.

• DancingBear@midwest.social
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    1 month ago

Why is there any need to even look at Vance? We are talking about Trump. Fucking skibbidy Ohio vibes straight fax no printer no cap.

• WindyRebel@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        edit-2
        1 month ago

Fucking skibbidy Ohio vibes straight fax no printer no cap.

An evil piece of crap that is really old, no lie.

Translation brought to you by a millennial with a gen alpha son. 😂

• Asafum@feddit.nl
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          ·
          1 month ago

Is the Ohio vibes the old part or the straight fax no printer? It really is another language lol getting old sucks…

• WindyRebel@lemmy.world
            link
            fedilink
            arrow-up
            ·
            edit-2
            1 month ago

Ohio is the piece of shit part. Ohio is a meme for just being bad (like cringy and out of date/run down). Skibidi comes from the skibidi toilet series and they are evil conquerors in that series, so when something is skibidi then it’s just really bad or evil.

When skibidi and Ohio get placed together then something is just really ridiculous, bad, and/or shitty.

The printer and fax stuff isn’t gen alpha, I just looked at that as them saying he doesn’t know about new tech and still lives in the past.

• JWBananas@lemmy.world
              link
              fedilink
              English
              arrow-up
              ·
              1 month ago

The printer and fax stuff isn’t gen alpha, I just looked at that as them saying he doesn’t know about new tech and still lives in the past.

Wat.

Straight facts -> straight fax. Homophones.

Fax, no printer. Along the lines of straight, no chaser.

• WindyRebel@lemmy.world
                link
                fedilink
                arrow-up
                ·
                edit-2
                1 month ago

Got it. Never knew that one. Seems weird to put that and then follow it up with “no cap” as it seems redundant.

Also, gen alpha, and later gen z, wouldn’t say “Ohio vibes”, they would say “giving Ohio”. So I dunno. The whole thing was weird. 😂

• JWBananas@lemmy.world
                  link
                  fedilink
                  English
                  arrow-up
                  ·
                  edit-2
                  1 month ago

Sometimes redundancy is used for emphasis.

Declined, denied, rejected, do not pass go, do not collect $200.

Edit: Straight truth, no filler, no bull.

• JWBananas@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        1 month ago

Your colloquialism isn’t any more valid than theirs. Language changes over time.