link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    edit-2
    11 months ago

You’re gaslighting. His post was bookended with political critiques on how fascism and liberalism are the same thing, with a poor attempt to use COVID to prove his point.

Also, he’s a Marxist, a political ideology so successful, it’s produced countless fascist regimes.

• came_apart_at_Kmart [he/him, comrade/them]@hexbear.net
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        11 months ago

i think one of the aspects of fascism that really freaks out liberals is that fascism is the return of the policies they (casually or explicitly) support overseas to their homes and applied to them and their neighbors. i was reading that post-colonial analysis excerpt about how hitler did to the core what “heroic” churchill and his predecessors had been doing to india and other peoples/nations for decades. libs avoid any material analysis of the core/periphery or fascism because the connections make it obvious libs have no trouble enjoying the fruits of evil done elsewhere to secure markets, but bringing those same methods of repression and control home is the unspeakably evil act of a madman.

the idea that their poorly-interrogated political project creates and necessitates the very monster they fear is too much to grapple with for some.

• AntiOutsideAktion [he/him]@hexbear.net
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          ·
          11 months ago

I don’t know how you came to leftist politics, but it seems like a more enlightened road than I took. You give liberals way too much credit to attribute a kind of motivation that requires a functional knowledge of modern empire.

• LiberalSoCalist@lemm.ee
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        11 months ago

Hannah Arendt and her (quite literally) Nazi-loving ass have been a disaster for political discussion in the anglosphere

• Commiejones [comrade/them, he/him]@hexbear.net
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      11 months ago

You’re gaslighting

Don’t use technical terms if you don’t understand what they mean. It makes you look either ignorant or dishonest depending on your tone.

I’m gonna go with ignorant in this case.

• duderium [he/him]@hexbear.net
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      11 months ago

Also, he’s a Marxist, a political ideology so successful, it’s produced countless fascist regimes.

Remind me who funded the Nazis before WW2 began and then rescued them at its end. Then remind me who was conquering Berlin while Hitler was committing suicide.

• sharedburdens [she/her, comrade/them]@hexbear.net
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      11 months ago

You’re gaslighting.

he’s a Marxist, a political ideology so successful, it’s produced countless fascist regimes.

Ironic, you should probably space out your protests about gaslighting a bit from your own fabrication of history.

It was third-way anti-communists who were the the base of movements that turned into fascist governments and it was Marxists that famously liberated Europe from that fascism.

Regardless, liberals broadly have enforced covid policy that is extremely harmful to people with disabilities. That’s essentially an admission that their right to participate in society is measured by their ‘value’, that dealing with a pandemic properly has to take a back seat to what’s good for the economy.