Learned the term recently and really enjoy it, subscription fatigue is the feeling we all have had now where we are just over how everything is subscription based.

Which one was the last straw or most annoying/frustrating to you?

• emogu@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        11 months ago

What’ll really aggravate you is that way back when cable was first rolling out, it was billed as paid TV service without ads (as opposed to the ad-supported OTA local networks). Obviously that promise didn’t last long.

It’s a tale as old as time. Its happened before, it’s happening now, and it’ll happen again.

• argv_minus_one@beehaw.org
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        11 months ago

That’s why people switched to cable to start with. Broadcast TV had ads and cable didn’t.

People have depressingly short memories and a depressingly long patience for megacorporate thievery.

• cobra89@beehaw.org
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          ·
          11 months ago

Ads on cable channels first happened in 1971. I doubt most people on here were born yet then.

• metaStatic@kbin.social
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        11 months ago

by the time I had my own money I didn’t even think of getting pay tv because it was already running more ads than free to air.

Never had subscription fatigue because paid services have never been better than the free option in my experience.

• kratoz29@lemm.ee
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      11 months ago

What’s the point of paying for a subscription if you still get ads 🤷🏻

Marvelous strategy model.

• dan1101@lemm.ee
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      11 months ago

Luckily I did the 6 month free trial and learned. 6 months is generous, ads are not.

• mobyduck648@beehaw.org
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        11 months ago

Yeah it’s such a shameless cash grab, I know corporations mug us off every day but it’s disrespectful when they’re so desperate about it.

• Didros@beehaw.org
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        10 months ago

Imagine how we feel over here in NZ when we wanted to watch S2E1 of GH we actually got S1E3 of DOOL instead! Boy when the NPD were told about this I bet they ASAP’d their pants!

I hate acronyms.

• Dandroid@dandroid.app
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      11 months ago

I still haven’t forgiven Paramount+ for making me watch that train wreck of a Halo show.