1 million new accounts on Bluesky as Brazil bans X, and premium feeds with Sub.club, and much much more.

• aasatru@kbin.earth
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      13 days ago

This is just not correct. It runs on a protocol - anyone can create software that uses the same protocol and communicate with Bluesky users as equals.

Were they right to develop their own protocol rather than to improve upon AP? Probably not. Is ATproto completely dominated by Bluesky? Yes. But is not like Twitter.

I can - and do - communicate both ways with Bluesky users through Mastodon and Bridgy Fed. That would simply not be possible with Twitter.

• originalucifer@moist.catsweat.com
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        13 days ago

the proof is right there…in the fact it requires bridged accounting rather than just bridging the protocol.

when i see a 100% independent bluesky instance including the internal router, ill believe it.

as it is, you have to beg them for access to their network (inclusion in their proprietary routers) or have accounts on their servers. thats not open federation.

• Microw@lemm.ee
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    13 days ago

Hey @nutomic@lemmy.ml quick question: how would I go trying to get this Wordpress blog to show up in lemmy as a community? Are we able to fetch like that yet? Thanks!

• nutomic@lemmy.ml
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      12 days ago

Please open an issue for this if there isn’t already one. Then I can have a look once the summer holidays are over.

• cron@feddit.org
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      edit-2
      13 days ago

My guess is that it’s not possible (yet) to follow from lemmy. However, you can follow and interact from Mastodon.

• Microw@lemm.ee
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        13 days ago

The Lemmy update notes in June said something about improved interoperability with WordPress though

• pseudo@jlai.lu
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      edit-2
      13 days ago

I thought it was only possible through a plugin that must be install on WordPress site. I have no actual knowledge though…
      God I’ve written a virelangue. That was not my goal.