link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    edit-2
    10 months ago

Probably the worst joke I’ve ever written tbh but hope you enjoy:

A poor software engineer cycled to a conference for open source devs, proudly wearing their Linux T-Shirt, and as they’re locking up their bike, an extremely expensive luxury car pulls up.

To their surprise, out steps a 30-something man wearing expensive an expensive watch, designer shoes and slacks, but the exact same shirt.

“Wow!”, said the poor developer, “You must be a great dev with some really popular projects to be able to afford all that! What’s your secret?”

The wealthy developer smiled. “Dependency and resource management”, he answered simply.

“Ah, are you involved with one of the packaging frameworks?”, asked the poor dev.

“No, no, not like that”, laughed the wealthy man. “I make others depend on me, then I take their resources.”

• snek_boi@lemmy.mlOP
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      10 months ago

You know? It isn’t that bad! The punchline could be punchier, but I like it!

• Blake [he/him]@feddit.uk
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        10 months ago

Thanks! I took your feedback and tried to improve the punchline. I think it makes a little less sense because there’s not really any explanation of why this guy is at an open source conference but whatever! :D

• PerogiBoi@lemmy.ca
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    10 months ago

Why did the dev break up with the dependency theory?

Because it couldn’t commit to a stable relationship.

• zero_iq@lemm.ee
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    10 months ago

Why did the package maintainer go into therapy?

Because he had dependency issues.

• Elise@beehaw.org
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    10 months ago

Linux, Windows VM, and OSX VM were stuck on an island. Windows VM said, ‘I’ve got the entertainment covered!’ OSX VM added, ‘I’ve got the design for our shelter!’ Linux smirked, ‘Good thing I’m the island then, isn’t it?’