If you say I hate the automotive designers who can’t design properly angled headlights, I’m criminalizing your shit take too

• DoiDoi [comrade/them, he/him]@hexbear.net
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          ·
          edit-2
          7 days ago

I mean yeah sure, but also I am certain that the average dog has a much more pungent odor than most people. I think people who live with dogs stop being able to smell it after a while.

And like I’m sure dogs are great when left to themselves and not forced into urban environments where they seem to spend most of the day in a barking overstimulated frenzy between making all public spaces smell like fresh wet dog shit.

My problem isn’t really the dogs themselves, but rather the people who feel like they need one regardless of their housing situation or ability to properly care for them, which unfortunately is just about every dog owning neighbor I’ve ever had.

• SSJMarx@lemm.ee
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      7 days ago

My town is very dog friendly, every restaurant has picnic tables outside and there’s always people hanging out with their dogs. It’s pretty great, I like to take my dog for a walk and then stop to get ramen on the way home.

But then we’re also a town with less than 3000 people and tons of green space for them to walk on, so that’s not really viable everywhere.