If you say I hate the automotive designers who can’t design properly angled headlights, I’m criminalizing your shit take too

• Yeah. Where I live the smaller towns used to have a rule where street lights would turn off at 11pm every night. A few still do. That alone would make a huge difference.

I used to live on an actual island as a kid and that real darkness and those stars I will never forget and will always miss. The sleep you get in real dark (and silence) is just different.

Living in a city now that wants to be very modern and touristy they are ruining everything with lights, even most historic buildings get these stupid huge ad screens attached on them. Everything from bus stops to parks is just bright as day 24/7.

I could also expand this to sound, or car noise. It is so taxing.

• Chronicon [they/them]@hexbear.net
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      edit-2
      9 days ago

Just having all outdoor lights be warm and dim, and on motion sensors where appropriate (bus stops maybe?) and not lighting areas that don’t need it (most parts of parks) would make such a difference. I’m sympathetic to some needs for public lighting, but it should be done 10x more thoughtfully. And my city isn’t even that bad in most areas.