Mine would be creating pen and paper ciphers for my made up secret communication needs.

• stergro@feddit.de
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    edit-2
    10 months ago

I speak Esperanto and I am quite active in the movement and write for the Esperanto Wikipedia. In 2011 I had quite a cool trip to an Esperanto Youth Congress in Kijiv. But it’s hard to talk about it because most people see it as a failed project from the early 1900s, not as a modern subculture.

• Blake [he/him]@feddit.uk
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      10 months ago

Vi ne estas sola, mi lernis iom da esperanto, sed estas malfacile lerni, cxar gxi sentas sin… senutila?

• Nyanix@lemmy.ca
        link
        fedilink
        Esperanto
        arrow-up
        ·
        edit-2
        10 months ago

Saluton, tria esperantisto cxi tie :D Mi bezonas lerni pli, sed me laboris multe

• Phi@feddit.de
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      10 months ago

That’s interesting! A few friends of mine and I tried to get a hold of it during the last school year. But we were greatly annoyed that there was no good free/open source resource in our language. Everything that could be good material was basically “Pay for the course” or just buy the book for 50€. That demotivated us quite a bit. I get why you would like to make a buck for your work and yes learning languages in groups is more fun but besides badly formatted vocab sheets there was no resource that was a proper introduction to the language.

• stergro@feddit.de
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        10 months ago

That’s not an issue anymore. There is an Duolingo course, tons of Anki vocabulary decks, the app Drops supports Esperanto and the website lernu.net has a pretty good free course to learn Esperanto grammar.

• megane-kun@lemm.ee
      link
      fedilink
      Esperanto
      arrow-up
      ·
      10 months ago

Saluton ! Mi klopodis apreni la lingvon per Duolingo kaj Lernu, sed beaŭrinde mi restis komencanton.

• stergro@feddit.de
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        edit-2
        10 months ago

I really like the idea of Globasa and Interslavic. I tried learning Toki Pona for one week, but did not stick to it for some reason, maybe some day.

• Dagwood222@lemm.ee
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      10 months ago

I couldn’t find the name of the story. 99% sure the author is Howard Waldrop. In WW1 a group of soldiers sneak into No Man’s Land and create an underground nation where all men speak Esperanto.

• deathbird@mander.xyz
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      10 months ago

Mi volas konvinki mian edzinon al lerni kun mi. Mi pensas ke se mi povas praktiki kun alian homon, mia gramatiko kaj vortfarado pliboniĝus. Sed ŝi ne volas.