In my case, the game freeze after the landing sequence on the planet, when i leave the pod. Playing via steam on Manjao Linux.

However, if I skip the start and the tutorial and start directly with Tier 1, everything is fine. Is this a known bug in 1.0?

• MoLoPoLYOP
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    edit-2
    5 days ago

I could solve the issue with other startparameters in steam. I now use gamemoderun mangohud %command% -vulkan. So it seems, the issue was since i run with DX12 instead of Vulkan.

BTW: never noticed that there was a nicely animated presentation on the display in the pod. I can only see it with the -vulkan parameter.

• Deestan@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    6 days ago

Windows 11, got a crash to desktop right when the pod landed.

Updated graphics driver and tried a second time, and it went fine.

Not sure if the crash was pure random, or whether the driver update helped.

• MoLoPoLYOP
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      6 days ago

Yeah the driver situation is not the best on Linux, because nVidia doesn’t make official OpenSource Linux driver’s. It’s better the last months, but not that ewsy, as on Windows. It’s a lot better with AMD regarding driver’s on Linux, but to find a good Laptop with AMD graphics is not that easy.

• statler_waldorf@sopuli.xyz
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    5 days ago

Currently using Bazzite and an AMD 7900xt without issue.

When I was running an Nvidia card I had a number of weird issues when I was distro hopping. Gerudo, Nobara, Fedora all gave me weird slowdowns, freezes, and crashes in various games. IIRC, it was Nobara that would hard freeze the system when opening the map in Ghost of Tsushima while full screened.

Pop!_OS was the only one I found that was stable across every game I tried with Nvidia.

• MentalEdge@sopuli.xyz
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    6 days ago

Arch on an AMD card, works fine.

So definitely not a known bug. You migjt try the different graphics APIs, or different proton veesions.

• jabathekek@sopuli.xyz
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    6 days ago

I suppose you’re playing with steam/proton? I’ve noticed some pretty expansive visual glitches with Vulkan, maybe switch to DX12 (or whichever one isn’t experimental or deprecated) if you haven’t already. I’ve been playing fine with with the Experimental version of Proton on Ubuntu 24.04 with a 1070 Ti. I haven’t fully started a new game yet though because of the visual glitches; however, those are the usual suspects on Linux.

• MoLoPoLYOP
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      6 days ago

I have played before with DX12 but had visual glitches, when something moves fast. But never had issues with Vulkan on Linux. Additionally for some reason, i have a little bit more fps, as on Windows on the same Laptop (Linux 64 fps, Windows 56fps).

But I don’t have Windows installed anymore, because I don’t need it.

Anyhow, if I don’t miss “the story”, it will be fine for me.