• Orbituary@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    Ā·
    8 days ago

Rewriting the headling: ā€œMost Americans Donā€™t Understand Nuance.ā€

Article body, summarized: ā€œPeople are too stupid to understand that you can disagree with a candidateā€™s stance but still recognize that theyā€™re a better choice than the fascist, sexist, predatory, federally indicted criminal.ā€

News at 11.

• Queue@lemmy.blahaj.zone
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      Ā·
      8 days ago

Yep. Itā€™s like how you say ā€œIā€™m voting for Harris but I donā€™t like her track record of issues important to me, but sheā€™s not Trump and thatā€™s what matters.ā€ and people instantly harass you into being okay with fracking and murder.

• chalupapocalypse@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        Ā·
        8 days ago

I feel like a lot of this is Russian bots stirring shit up, Israel is the perfect thing to get people not to vote at all, which is exactly what they want, thatā€™s basically a vote for trump but people are either too privileged or stupid to realize it

• Queue@lemmy.blahaj.zone
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          Ā·
          8 days ago

Hey Iā€™m voting for Harris, I just think its important to call out bad takes from anyone, including those who I vote for. I do it for my local and my federal offices. I email my republican congress members (they donā€™t respond beyond the default robot reply) and I complain to my democratic senators.

• swunchy@lemmy.dbzer0.com
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          arrow-down
          Ā·
          8 days ago

Anything I donā€™t like is foreign interference, Iā€™m okay with voting for a candidate that endorses genocide, anyone that doesnā€™t share my views is stupid

Hell yeah brother. Iā€™m also proud to be a part of the freest country in the universe. šŸ‘MorešŸ‘transšŸ‘dronešŸ‘pilotsšŸ‘

• chalupapocalypse@lemmy.world
            link
            fedilink
            arrow-up
            arrow-down
            Ā·
            8 days ago

Genocide or fascism+genocide, pick one, because those are your two choices at the moment, and not picking counts as a vote for fascism+genocide

Grow up

• swunchy@lemmy.dbzer0.com
              link
              fedilink
              arrow-up
              arrow-down
              Ā·
              8 days ago

I live in one of the reddest states in the country, my vote literally doesnā€™t matter. Thanks democracy

• TankovayaDiviziya@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      Ā·
      8 days ago

ā€œMost Americans Donā€™t Understand Nuance.ā€

Most people, regardless of nationality, donā€™t understand nuance. Thatā€™s why Winston Churchill once said that the biggest argument against democracy is talking to an average person for five minutes.

• Orbituary@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        Ā·
        edit-2
        8 days ago

God damnit, I knew someone would do this. Case in point this is specifically about the American elections, therefore the nuanced implication refers to that.

Yes, this can be extended. But youā€™re now being inclusive of the rest of the worldā€™s shortcomings for what? The article is about Chappell Roan and the morons bitching about her not endorsing Kamala. Not voters in the UK.

• TankovayaDiviziya@lemmy.world
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          arrow-down
          Ā·
          edit-2
          8 days ago

Typical American think their experience is the only universal truth and their group only matters in any discussion.

American exceptionalism never fails; as if Americans are the only ones getting the same problem.

• ALQ@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      Ā·
      8 days ago

Another correction of the headline:

ā€œYā€™all Cannot Actually Be This Stupidā€: an argument on how people are, in fact, this stupid.

• RizzRustbolt@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      Ā·
      7 days ago

It certainly doesnā€™t help that most democrats see any criticism of Kamala as tacit support of Trump.

• RememberTheApollo_@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        Ā·
        7 days ago

Thereā€™s criticism, and then thereā€™s ā€œdemocrats and Harris are horrible genocidal people and you are supporting genocide if you vote for themā€ criticism.

I donā€™t know of anyone making reasonable and realistic criticism getting downvoted.

• xgranade@lemmy.blahaj.zone
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          arrow-down
          Ā·
          6 days ago

I mean, the trouble is that voting for Democrats does literally support genocide, if only because every president and presidential candidate in modern history has promised and/or enacted genocidal policies. When talking about US politics and genocide, the bar is so low, itā€™s in hell.

The nuance to all of the above is that voting for Republicans supports genocide even more. Itā€™s entirely valid to vote for less genocide amongst several genocidal options, and also to call said genocide out.

• cristo@lemmy.world
          link
          fedilink
          Esperanto
          arrow-up
          arrow-down
          Ā·
          7 days ago

Well, they certain arent trying hard enough to not look like genocide supporters