I’d like to test my PC a bit It must also run on Linux, either natively or through proton

• Codilingus@sh.itjust.works
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    edit-2
    1 hour ago

Alan Wake 2 legit blurs the line when presenting a character; between film footage and digitizing the actor. Even the games environments blend in photographed and filmed objects. It’s a masterpiece of a game, with beautiful graphics, and a fun and bonkers story.

I should be playable from Epic Games Store via Lutris or similar. Or from sailing the high seas.

• sag@lemm.ee
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 hour ago

Try Minecraft FTB mod with 4k Texture Pack and Real life shaders with 512 chunk distance.

Or Just use nuts.wad

• Cowbee [he/him]@lemmy.ml
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    10 hours ago

Art style, graphical fidelity, or both? Cyberpunk 2077 is probably the best looking game to test your PC right now.

• inb4_FoundTheVegan@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        1 hour ago

The game is absolutely gorgeous, so is the expansion. Start to finish it has an incredibly solid, interesting and suprsing plot. Just dripping with style and in universe asethic. You can really tell that the art department had a lot of fun with it.

• xmunk@sh.itjust.works
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        10 hours ago

Cyberpunk 2077 fucking nailed the aesthetic it was going for - it has short comings but the visual immersion absolutely isn’t one of them.

• Codilingus@sh.itjust.works
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 hour ago

So to update this meme to be real and current: Can it run Hunt Showdown 1896, with it’s brand new Cryengine update. Spoiler alert, it’s beautiful.

It also runs fabulously via Steam and Proton.

• Gregor@gregtech.euOP
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      10 hours ago

Probably, I have a Ryzen 7 7700x, SAPPHIRE AMD Radeon RX 7700 XT PULSE 12GB GPU and 32 gigs of RAM

• BreadOven@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        9 hours ago

I’m not up to date with my computer components, but sounds impressive.

I have to include that my comment was a joke. Not sure if you know the reference? Sorry in advance if you do.

• xmunk@sh.itjust.works
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    10 hours ago

I don’t know if it’s Linux compatible but Elite Dangerous is absolutely beautiful and really sets a strong tone.

• Random_Character_A@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      10 minutes ago

Have been playing it on linux since Horizons came out.

Don’t know if it’s top notch graphics, but it’s pretty. Audio design is sublime.

The “ocean wide, one foot deep” thing is true. It’s grindy and gets boring after a while, but it’s still worth it. If you are a “chill” gamer, exploration and mining don’t need grinding and shallowness doesn’t affect them so much.

• Krackalot
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      8 hours ago

I loved this game before but ended up finding it kinda boring in the long run. It’s definitely worth getting a flight stick to play, though. Learning to dock and do flips and such as I did was the funnest part by far. And when you jump, especially the first time, it gives you chills.

• xmunk@sh.itjust.works
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        7 hours ago

If you’ve got a valve index or other high quality VR headset the immersion of that is ridiculous - especially with something like voice attack to handle the fiddly keyboard shortcuts that you don’t want on your stick (like engaging the landing gear or the cargo scoop).

• Krackalot
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          ·
          3 hours ago

I did actually have voice attack and recommend that as well. I never mad the jump to VR, though.