• Macaroni_ninja@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    edit-2
    7 hours ago

When I left my old workplace my colleagues organized a good-bye meal together. Standard office job, with regular guys. We had a great relationship and they knew I was vegetarian for 5+ years at that point and never had any issue with it.

So they asked which restaurant I would like to go and I was stupid enough to let them choose.

We ended up in a specialized Brazilian meat restaurant, where the servers go around with absurdly large pieces of grilled/fryed meats and would carve a piece to the guests. If you are a meat lover you can have easily 10-15 types of meats in a couple of hours.

Those assholes had a huge grin on their faces all evening, as I could only eat the sides from the buffet and had to refuse all meals from the servers about 12 time that evening. It was a truly memorable night, we even got drunk and laughed our asses off on our way home.

So yeah, not just kids can be assholes. We are still in contact till this day.

• Wolf314159@startrek.website
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      36 minutes ago

I mean, that’s fucked up and hilarious. I’m a dirty omnivore and those places are no more appetizing to me. Those cuts at the all you can eat Brazilian places SUCK.

But surprisingly, when I want a predictable vegetable side while I’m traveling, I go to a steakhouse. Every other place seems to serve either microwaved bag veggies, fried bullshit, or something sad smothered in sauce. Go to a steakhouse and I can get a rare well seasoned aged filet and two steamed fresh vegetable sides plus a salad. The only reliable vegan places I’ve found are Indian, which isn’t bad, but is often not really to my taste. Obviously I’m no vegan, but I think it’s fair to say I love plant based foods even more as long as they’re not fake meat, fake cheese, or overly spiced mush. In a meat centric region that’s a hard palette to satisfy sometimes.

• TexasDrunk@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      6 hours ago

That’s pretty fucked up. I love Texas de Brazil but I wouldn’t bring a vegetarian friend there to watch me hurt myself on all you can eat meat.