• phorq@lemmy.ml
      link
      fedilink
      Español
      arrow-up
      ·
      9 hours ago

When there aren’t proper protections in place for frivolous lawsuits. It costs them more to fight than it would to just advertise on the platform. Time for Ben & Jerry’s to make an “eat the rich” flavor with Musk’s face on the carton to advertise on X!

• gAlienLifeform@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        7 hours ago

I mean, lawsuits are still one of the best ways for regular people to hold powerful entities accountable, so I’m super leery of anything that purports to stop “frivolous” lawsuits. I think the real underlying problem here is we’re expecting a for profit company to do the right thing in a market environment where doing the right thing isn’t the most profitable course of action. What we need to do is change the market environment or find someone that’s not a for profit corporation to do the right thing (both admittedly easier said than done).

• PugJesus@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      9 hours ago

Those with deep pockets can threaten expensive legal action even if they know they won’t win, simply because those without deep pockets cannot afford to fight the legal battle without going bankrupt.