Is there a service or knowledge base somewhere that can help you find the highest rated games for your hardware?

Background: I don’t have much time for games and just installed Bazzite on a few years old ThinkPad. I would like to play some games on it but don’t know what I can expect to be playable. I see tons of “will it run on steam deck” info but honestly couldn’t even figure out where this computers performance lies compared to a steam deck. This should be easy. Just type in specs, maybe filter genre and say “sort by meta score” or “sort by steam rating”.

• Sanctus@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    edit-2
    2 days ago

My mistake, ether way they asked for a db of compatible games and thats what I linked

• F04118F@feddit.nl
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      2 days ago

I’m sorry, you’re right it is another important piece of the puzzle and my comment didn’t really add anything.

• Sanctus@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        2 days ago

I would say clarifying Fedora upstream is important. Since there is no Bazzite option on Proton DB and I know nothing about Bazzite.

• 4shtonButcherOP
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          ·
          1 day ago

Thank you to all! I was aware of what bazzite is but this might be relevant for some lurkers. I am indeed mostly interested in what my hardware can do. I don’t game enough to warrant a hardware upgrade right now. Once I do want to upgrade it would be good to see “what should I go for to be guaranteed a good experience on the more modern games I am curious about”. My desktop is aging and I might go laptop-only at some point and live without the latest AAA games, there’s a huge back catalog!