• Furbag@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 day ago

Polls are not so much a prediction of the future as they are a snapshot in time and indicative of a candidate’s current momentum.

But you’re right. It’s deeply shocking that this race is even close. If the DNC ever tried to run a candidate as bad as Trump, I’d just stay fucking home or vote 3rd party as a throwaway vote. I hope some Republicans with any shred of dignity or a functioning moral compass do the same on election day. We need real patriots to come together across ideological gaps and reject fascism full stop.

• AA5B@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      edit-2
      18 hours ago

You’d better beIieve that if Republicans were a bastion of sanity and Democrats nominated someone batshit, that I’d vote Republican (or green, idk)

• Tolookah
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      22 hours ago

Right, and that’s why some of these Republicans coming out for Harris is considered good, but all some of us see is a rightward shift so now they want to stay home.

The non fascist side of Lemmy is so fractured and fickle that you can’t talk to the dog owners without upsetting the cat owners, and by talking to either of those, the vegans are pissed.

And I don’t know how to even approach fixing it for this election. RCV would help on the future though.