[1]

• Petter1@lemm.ee
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      4 hours ago

Exactly this is why current copyright rules are BS. Having multiple studios with pressure from competitors results in better games (and less micro transactions shit to sqeeze franchises to death)

• asteriskeverything@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        3 hours ago

… I’m imaging the natural extreme conclusion to this. There are 16 sequels to masseffect and you need to research which games you need to play before you play the newest one. This also leads to conflicting cannon and infighting

• Petter1@lemm.ee
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          ·
          2 hours ago

I would still prefer the extreme outcome over what we have today.

And I think the community will know and happily share which line to take and if you want sell in the franchise, you got to look out that the community is happy with what you create, which includes plot holes / inconsistencies.

The big corporations just want you to believe that franchises dies if other studios can use it, when it only is about earnings the last penny out of a franchise with the least effort possible. They happily save on production cost and invest a lot in lawsuits (or similar) to maintain their monopoly position.

• Dragon "Rider"(drag)@lemmy.nz
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          arrow-down
          ·
          1 hour ago

Drag would like this. Drag thinks Mass Effect 2’s combat system sucks. They should have kept the RPG mechanics.

• Maultasche@lemmy.world
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          ·
          3 hours ago

Like the F.E.A.R. games. There are four sequels but not all are in the same timeline. At least with Drakengard, the sequels in the different timeline have completely different names.

• Donjuanme@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    7 hours ago

I’m buying at least one of them!

I don’t know which one…

Very funny it all happened on the same day

• jmcs
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      6 hours ago

It’s not a coincidence it happened on the same day. After the first studio did their announcement the others kind of had to come forward to lay their claim.

• EldritchFeminity@lemmy.blahaj.zone
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      5 hours ago

And yet nobody can ever experience it the way it was originally again since they killed Flash.

It’s like coming back from the war with PTSD and nobody understands what you went through. Except the PTSD is about buckets and dating quadrants.