It. Is. Never. Enough.

You paid hundreds of dollars for a new monitor, but it doesn’t matter. More ads, more profits.

I hate it.

• suburban_hillbilly@lemmy.ml
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    24 hours ago

I would call legal and IT. It’s outside the scope of my role to accept contacts on behalf of the company.

• linearchaos@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        16 hours ago

IT here, Yes, by all means involve me. I will buy a second monitor and plug it into a known box that is no business going anywhere. I will then block, at the network firewall level, any outbound traffic to anything that thing talks to. If it uses its own MAC address at the head end I will then collect and publish every connection that thing tries to make outside to a blacklist and provide it to the public.

• vithigar@lemmy.ca
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          ·
          8 hours ago

Sounds way more interesting than most IT work as well. I’d definitely rather do some investigative work like this than a typical parade of password resets, email assistance, and software installations.

• Emerald@lemmy.world
            link
            fedilink
            English
            arrow-up
            ·
            edit-2
            6 hours ago

I had to ask a helpdesk for a 2fa reset once. Intrestingly, they didn’t make me identify myself except for first and last name. Not sure what point the 2FA has if it’s that easy to remove.