• criitz@reddthat.com
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    edit-2
    23 hours ago

To save you a click:

“When I hear Donald Trump talk … he’s very quick to say to Kamala, ‘Well, you were vice president for four years.’ Dude, you were president for four years! As I recall, you were up there in the Oval Office!"

• IphtashuFitz@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 day ago

Trump was in the Oval Office? I seem to recall mostly seeing photos of him at his various golf courses when he was president….

• Madison420@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        2 hours ago

The times he tried to shame Obama for golfing are still some of the funniest shit he’s ever said. Iirc trump spent more time golfing in the first two years of his 4 year term than Obama did in 8 years.

• Bone@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        20 hours ago

He had to hawk canned beans at one point so he used the oval office for that.

• lennivelkant
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          ·
          12 hours ago

I’m still in denial about him pulling such a terribly undignified marketing crap. I refuse to believe it. I just can’t accept a world where such satire actually happens.

• basmati@lemmus.org
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    1 day ago

Political rally attendees really are just children and dedicated democrats really are just Trump supporters that find vulgarity distasteful it seems.

• basmati@lemmus.org
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        1 day ago

The article is quite literally about democrats applauding Trump’s rhetoric, coming from a democrats mouth. Between this and Dems cheering for Harris’ copying of Trump’s border policy during one of her rallies, y’all don’t have a leg to stand on any more.

• Tarquinn2049@lemmy.world
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          arrow-down
          ·
          edit-2
          1 day ago

So, you read only the headline, and didn’t even understand what the headline said…

I can see why you are a trump voter. Minimal effort and still did even that effort wrong.

• basmati@lemmus.org
            link
            fedilink
            English
            arrow-up
            arrow-down
            ·
            22 hours ago

Not a trump voter and didn’t misread. “Just joking” is also the excuse many trump supporters use to excuse their far right fascist when he goes off script.

link
              fedilink
              arrow-up
              arrow-down
              ·
              edit-2
              21 hours ago

So how does using Trumps line of “how can we trust Harris to get any of her promises done now when she has been vice president for 4 years and didn’t do them then” against him by saying he was president for 4 years make sense with what you are saying if you read this and understand it?

What am I missing that links this to what you are saying?

• basmati@lemmus.org
                link
                fedilink
                English
                arrow-up
                arrow-down
                ·
                19 hours ago

There is no way I can answer that without suggesting things about you that would get me banned, so I’m just going to say get well soon.

link
                  fedilink
                  arrow-up
                  arrow-down
                  ·
                  18 hours ago

Ah, not creative enough? I mean, you could even just answer the question and not even make it about me, just the actual answer. That would do it.

• basmati@lemmus.org
            link
            fedilink
            English
            arrow-up
            arrow-down
            ·
            1 day ago

Genuine question, why leave reddit when you agree in totality with the admins and general hive mind?

• kryptonianCodeMonkey@lemmy.world
              link
              fedilink
              arrow-up
              arrow-down
              ·
              edit-2
              19 hours ago

There’s a hive mind and you are the lone free thinker who sees the truth… as you spout the same lazy pessimistic 'they’re all the same" bullshit that pathological contrarians always fall back on. How edgy and big brained you are.

• basmati@lemmus.org
                link
                fedilink
                English
                arrow-up
                arrow-down
                ·
                17 hours ago

I didn’t say they’re all the same. Democrats are right wing neoliberal representatives of corporate interests which run contrary to the long term survival of humanity; who Republicans are far right wing neoliberal representatives of corporate interests which run contrary to the long and short term survival of humanity but also are openly racist. Both openly outright support genocide ass so their voters.

There’s plenty of politicians that do not fall under these categories, in fact three of whom are currently running for president, two of whom have ballot access for 400+ electoral votes.

• kryptonianCodeMonkey@lemmy.world
                  link
                  fedilink
                  arrow-up
                  arrow-down
                  ·
                  edit-2
                  16 hours ago

Of course, two weeks to the election: “vote third party!” May as well be saying, “Throw away your votes and make sure that you have even less say in the outcome of this election than most people already have, and let the even smaller minority decide for you.”

Third parties should be valid choices, but they aren’t. Not in a First Past The Post voting system. They are never the sound choice when FPTP always leads to two diametrically opposed major parties. IIf you want third parties to be relevant and good choices beyond local elections, advocate for voting system reform, not for people to throw away their votes out of dissatisfaction with the status quo. For now, we live in reality, and we have to vote accordingly.

Edit: Also, way to say “I’m not saying they are the same. They are different… I’m just saying their differences are essentially negligible” pffft. Ok.

• GBU_28@lemm.ee
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          arrow-down
          ·
          1 day ago

The use of trump’s rhetoric is sarcastic. Pretty Obviously so, given the context of the speaker, the setting, well, everything about it.

But keep on keeping on

• basmati@lemmus.org
            link
            fedilink
            English
            arrow-up
            arrow-down
            ·
            1 day ago

I’m pretty sure Harris cosponsoring the most draconian immigration bill proposed in US history wasn’t sarcastic.

• JasonDJ@lemmy.zip
              link
              fedilink
              arrow-up
              arrow-down
              ·
              edit-2
              13 hours ago

Since when does a vice president co-sponsor a bill? VP is not a senator. They aren’t even allowed to address the senate without permission.

You are talking out your ass about shit you don’t even understand. Just repeating faux news and truth™ social talking points.

• basmati@lemmus.org
                link
                fedilink
                English
                arrow-up
                arrow-down
                ·
                5 hours ago

Anyone on earth can cosponsor a bill. A random citizen can introduce a bill. How do you not know the basics of government? This is literally a process you learn about in 3rd grade.

• IchNichtenLichten@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      1 day ago

it seems.

Only to someone with a ridiculously immature worldview who hasn’t been paying attention for the past several years.