• BrokenGlepnir@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    4 hours ago

I understand about being scared of a guy totally loaded on guns, but if the government doesn’t still do their job in spite of it, they are unable to govern in this case and have ceded their authority as a government.

• givesomefucks@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      edit-2
      4 hours ago

You misunderstood…

When they were too scared for their own safety it was in 2022 when he was stealing signs from people’s yards or cutting them up with a pocket knife.

The candidate had to hire a private investigator because cops wouldn’t investigate, and in the report it mentioned he showed signs of far right Christian extremism (his target was a Jewish Dem).

Cops said they were too scared to do anything, and the prosecutor refused to press charges.

Because cops were two afraid of a pocket knife, he kept going to the point of shooting up campaign offices and carrying a machine gun along with other weapons.

The cops allowed the situation to become more dangerous because they were afraid to step in.

• BrokenGlepnir@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        3 hours ago

No, I understood. The cops were scared for themselves. I understand that, but they need to do things anyway or they are not doing their jobs as the cops. It weakens the mandate of the government. These guys didn’t do their jobs so the only good justification for the police having any power falls apart.