• unexposedhazard
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    21 hours ago

Nah hated is entirely possible. Depends entirely on the mother and if she has the emotional and rational capacity to separate it. If her brain makes her think of her rapist every time she looks at her child, it will be impossible to love it.

I hope she can love it but i wouldnt blame her if she cant.

• Deceptichum@quokk.au
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      edit-2
      21 hours ago

I’ll blame any parent that forces their trauma onto an innocent child.

And I say this as a rape victim and a child abandoned at birth.

• Passerby6497@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        16 hours ago

As a parent who had a traumatic childhood, as well as partner to two raped AFABs, you don’t “force” your trauma on your children, you have to force yourself to overcome your trauma to be a better person.

Trauma is fucking hard to deal with at the best of times when you don’t have evidence of your traumatic even sitting in front of you all day every day. I can’t comprehend the difficulty they would have to deal with everyday, but that also isn’t an excuse to not be better, and the child absolutely deserves better.

• OneWomanCreamTeam@sh.itjust.works
            link
            fedilink
            arrow-up
            ·
            9 hours ago

Assigned Female at Birth. It’s an umbrella term that includes cisgender* women, transgender men, and non-binary people who were born with the anatomy typically associated with women.

*Cisgender means someone who’s gender identity matches the sex they were assigned at birth.

• unexposedhazard
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        edit-2
        21 hours ago

The whole idea of “trauma” is that its involuntary. You dont have a rational choice, your brain makes the choice for you.

If you have trauma of that level you either go with therapy or put your child up for adoption. Its not something you can solve with willpower.

• Deceptichum@quokk.au
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          arrow-down
          ·
          21 hours ago

Right and if you don’t do those things, and instead take it out on an innocent child I’m going to blame the fuck out of you.

• idiomaddict@lemmy.world
            link
            fedilink
            arrow-up
            ·
            20 hours ago

I don’t mean to be even more dystopian, but doesn’t the biological father have to consent to adoption/get first rights to adopt?