• @Psythik@lemm.ee
      link
      fedilink
      edit-2
      9 months ago

I wish lemm.ee would block Hexbear. Fuck capitalism, but those people are nuts. They make MAGAts look good.

EDIT: I used to be an active member of /r/LateStageCapitalism until I left reddit for good, but go ahead and keep assuming things about me.

• robot_dog_with_gun [they/them]
        link
        fedilink
        English
        19 months ago

no we don’t, you’re just mad you aren’t the noblest position possible and you lash out at us when we critique you from the left.

• @Psythik@lemm.ee
          link
          fedilink
          edit-2
          9 months ago

Uh what? I have no idea what any of that means.

I just don’t like Hexbear cause they claim to be communists yet constantly talk shit about liberals. Only MAGAts and Hexbear users hate liberals.

I miss /r/LateStageCapitalism, a community made of actual communist liberals, unlike Hexbear which is just full of rage baiting trolls. But I’ll never go back to reddit again.

• Bnova [he/him]
            link
            fedilink
            English
            49 months ago

“Communist liberal” is incoherent nonsense. Liberalism is a capitalist ideology that promotes private ownership of the means of production, communism subsequently doesn’t, they are contradictory ideologies.

• @Psythik@lemm.ee
              link
              fedilink
              -29 months ago

Things are not so black and white. It’s possible to like ideas from both sides, without having to fully subscribe to a single idealogy.

• Bnova [he/him]
                link
                fedilink
                English
                39 months ago

There is no third way in this context, either you want workers to own the means of production or you want Capitalists to. Liberals want Capitalists to, and some liberals want Capitalists to own less, but see no overall problem with the current relationship between workers and their exploited labor. Communists want workers to own the means of production by contrast, these are opposing ideologies.

• @FaeDrifter@midwest.social
              link
              fedilink
              English
              -39 months ago

Liberalism is a capitalist ideology that promotes private ownership of the means of production

Absolutely false. It espouses private ownership. This can mean your own clothes, your own phone, your own computer, your own house, your own sentimental belongings, instead of everything being communally shared.

It is possible for the means of production, like factories, to be communally owned, while still allowing for small personal private ownership. You can strike a balance between liberalism and private ownership, and communism and communal ownership.

It’s not a black and white binary choices between “everything is private” and “everything is communal”.

• Throwaway
          link
          fedilink
          19 months ago

God I am glad that emojis are broken right now. I never want to see more poopy pig balls, especially from people who lib is the far right.

• SeventyTwoTrillion [he/him]
            link
            fedilink
            English
            edit-2
            9 months ago

liberals have universally allied with fascists over communists. the liberals in the Weimer Republic put Hitler in power, to give but one example. Churchill admired Hitler.

Both liberals and fascists agree that capitalism is the bee’s knees, they agree that most things should be privatized, they agree that people must be exploited by an elite. There’s a common saying - “If you scratch a liberal, a fascist bleeds,” meaning that the second you exert even the slightest violence towards liberals or threaten to do so, they suddenly turn into fascist monsters, seemingly out of nowhere! Macron in France is a good current-day example - the riots have prompted him to turn France into ever more of a police state in which the pigs have unbelievable powers and surveillance. When America has been provoked by actions (many of which didn’t even actually happen, e.g. the Gulf of Tonkin, the Nayirah testimony, etc (or those that did happen but didn’t need to provoke an entire invasion in response, like 9/11) they start wars that kill hundreds of thousands, even millions.

It’s actually hard to describe exactly where liberals and fascists have opposing beliefs sometimes. I suppose where they differ is whether the cruelty should be more obscured or more out in the open? But you have to understand, the political dichotomy isn’t and has never been “liberal vs conservative”, because of those are on the side of the bourgeoisie in the class war. It’s communists vs capitalists, and liberal, conservatives, fascists, even the more left-wing people in the American establishment like Warren and Bernie are on the side of the capitalists. We hold fundamental political beliefs that differ from liberals. Liberals do not differ in fundamental political beliefs from fascists. It’s also why accusations of “horseshoe theory” are so hilarious to us.

• SexMachineStalin [comrade/them]
            link
            fedilink
            English
            edit-2
            9 months ago

especially from people who lib is the far right

Liberalism has always allied themselves with the far-right as an ideology that protects capital. We just know this because we read/study theory and have kept up with things going on around the world what with “liberals” and the “right” being quite similiar in views, especially recently. That being said,

:horsepoo-theory:

link
          fedilink
          English
          -19 months ago

There’s quite a few instances with pronouns, which is great.

Hexbear stands out to me for using double sets of pronouns, presumably because twice as many pronouns means you’re twice as progressive, and therefore twice as superior to people with only one set of pronouns.

• MattsAlt [comrade/them]
        link
        fedilink
        English
        -19 months ago

It’s funny how for those who Hexbear is to their left, always use the critique of “they’re crazy” then compare us to right wingers without fail.

Absolutely no actual critique and the typical liberal understanding of politics that “there are only two teams, and if you’re not on mine then you’re on theirs”

Please read a book

• Throwaway
          link
          fedilink
          09 months ago

Thats because a lot of lemmy users see right wing as being evil.

The reality is the right is not evil. Supporting genocidal dictators like Stalin and Mao is.

link
          fedilink
          English
          09 months ago

I’ve seen posts of Hexbears saying they’ll vote for Trump, with no pushback from anyone else.

I had a Hexbear today tell me that it’s okay that Russian soldiers rape women and children in Ukraine because ML’s support violence for their cause and that’s just how it is.

It’s a small minority of Hexbears who hold abhorrent positions, but the rest of Hexbears tolerate them.

link
              fedilink
              English
              19 months ago

What I suspect the Hexbear will tell you is that NATO has committed large scale crimes and NATO soldiers have also raped women, you just won’t hear about it on western media because it doesn’t fit their imperialist propaganda narrative.

• Fushuan [he/him]
        link
        fedilink
        English
        -19 months ago

I wish it didn’t block them. I can block individual instances and the instance of commenters is in plain view, just block them as you encounter them if they come of as too strong. They have some decent communities where sometimes there’s interesting things to read. Basically only some of the LGTB ones but yeah.

• @ZiemekZ@lemm.ee
      link
      fedilink
      edit-2
      9 months ago

And also blocks the word “faggot”.

Try it if you don’t believe me and have a Lemmy.world account.

• @zoe@lemm.ee
    link
    fedilink
    edit-2
    9 months ago

predicatble: lemm.ee is reliable: on the other hand shi.tjust.doesn’t.work, and feddit.de has that walled garden beehaw vibe to it (tight moderation). i would predict discuss.tchncs.de would grow if it maintains good uptime record. also external factors could affect ranking like legal prosecutions when caching illegal content and ddos’es, like the other instances cant do much about those either

• @coffee@lemm.ee
    link
    fedilink
    39 months ago

How exactly is “active” measured?

Logged in? Commenting? Posting? Net time spent on Lemmy?

I feel like the metrics need to be a bit more refined to actually make a qualified statement.

• @fievel@lemm.eeOP
      link
      fedilink
      29 months ago

I cross posted this because I felt like it somehow belonged here. Now I see your point, I look at the site and nothing state how are computed the metrics, this should be clarified in my opinion (now the stat site is open source so you can check yourself if you want).

• regalia
    link
    fedilink
    19 months ago

I migrated from lemm.ee a little while ago. I really liked it, but it got too popular and I’m hipster. So I gotta be unique with my new cool club instance, literature.cafe

• Czarrie
    link
    fedilink
    19 months ago

I switched off of world because I got tired of my feed only working about 30% of the time. It had been extremely normal, to the point where I can’t recall the last bit of downtime. Don’t underestimate the ability to actually view content on lemmy as a driving factor here…

• @Bongles@lemm.ee
      link
      fedilink
      19 months ago

Didn’t they defederate from some large instances until they get better moderation tools?

• TWeaK
          link
          fedilink
          English
          19 months ago

They are on the federation, and lemm.ee is still federated with them. They defederated from lemmy.world and sh.itjust.works because they’re a bit particular and didn’t have the mod tools they wanted. They were never federated with hexbear.

• Gamey
    link
    fedilink
    09 months ago

Are Beehaw and Hexbear counted too? I feel like they probably would appear before feddit.de but maybe I am wrong.