• Ertebolle
    link
    fedilink
    268 months ago

10% on the 64GB one, though; 15 and 20% on the higher-capacity versions, but thanks to the recent drop in SSD prices those are more expensive than they should be even with the discount.

• Ertebolle
        link
        fedilink
        88 months ago

Sure, but my point is that this is more like a 10% discount than a 20% one. (For me at least if they knocked 20% off the low end model I’d probably jump on it, but 10% feels like the sort of thing that happens every month)

• arefx
          link
          fedilink
          18 months ago

Is it still a discount though if it’s normally sold for a higher price than what they usually offer it at?

• neo (he/him)
    link
    fedilink
    English
    148 months ago

It’s on discount AGAIN?

I really wish i still needed such a device…I don’t really get out and about anymore, so my PC is more than good enough.

• Chariotwheel
      link
      fedilink
      128 months ago

I like to use it in bed. It’s a luxury rather than a need for sure, but it’s nice to play before bed or when I wake early and have some time.

• andrew
      link
      fedilink
      English
      68 months ago

I don’t get out and about at all and I have a 3090 in my PC but I still use my deck a ton. It’s amazing for getting some games in between housework or kinda just whenever. To each their own, but I’ve heard the same story many times from different deck users.

• I keep wanting to buy it because of the amazing sales pitch, except it provides zero value to me. I already use my laptop in bed, lol… and if I’m going outside, I’m not going to be playing games. It doesn’t even make sense to pack for going overseas because my laptop works great for that. And it doesn’t work very well as a new computer because it’s likely far more underpowered than my other computers for video editing and other work I need to do, but is nonetheless a cool feature.

Not that it matters at all. Valve still don’t sell it in my country.

• arefx
      link
      fedilink
      38 months ago

It’s nice even if you don’t get out much. Sometimes it’s nice to just lay down across the couch and play on the steam deck.

• neo (he/him)
        link
        fedilink
        English
        18 months ago

that’s fair but i don’t think it’s $550 nice for the 512gb unit. not really big on customizing and would want the best screen i can get

• @lobut@lemmy.ca
      link
      fedilink
      28 months ago

Honestly, I keep wanting to buy it and coming up with excuses. However, I don’t event have time to play games and I’m not making enough use of my PS plus subscription.

I don’t need this. I don’t need this. I don’t need this. 🫠

• @topinambour_rex@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      48 months ago

Contact steam. I seen on reddit they said they can’t reimburse the sale part, but they can return the money on your steam wallet, takes the sale price and leave the difference there.

• @AdminWorker@lemmy.ca
          link
          fedilink
          98 months ago

I did so when I bought before the steam sale. They credited my steam wallet with the diff (not quite a true refund, but shrug)

• LanternEverywhere
          link
          fedilink
          68 months ago

If you’re in the return window then this is good for the seller too, because of you return it and buy a new one then the seller will have sold it to you at the lower price AND now they have a unit they have to inspect and sell as used now.

• @Swim@lemmy.ca
          link
          fedilink
          edit-2
          8 months ago

i did this and got the discount the last time it was on sale. it was easier to take store credit but they will refund money too

• Enjoying Kink
    link
    fedilink
    28 months ago

@petsoi well, used the discount which makes the large one the same pricing as the refurbished version. Order went out yesterday. Happy and curious 🤩