I recently moved to a Asus Zenfone 10 from my Google Pixel 6 pro, and Zenfone’s size is great.

I missed having a phone that fits well in my hands and pocket and doesn’t feel like carrying a brick.

I agree that Pixels are great. Good cameras and performance, but 95% of the time outside I just need access to my chats and Google Maps.

I wished that there were more flagship options that are not so big!

• CamiloOP
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      9 months ago

Definitely! An a-series model with a screen size sounds 5 inches would be awesome

• N-E-N@lemmy.ca
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    9 months ago

I’m rocking a Fold 5 now and the outter screen is pretty small and I love it

• Procedure8295@lemmy.sdf.org
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    9 months ago

I can only agree, it’s small enough to pocket. You can also chose to have a stock android experience which I appreciate.

• 30p87@feddit.de
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    9 months ago

For me, my 6.7" phone still perfectly fits in my hand. It’s not hard to reach anything for me, even though I don’t have particularly large hands or anything. It probably just comes down to how I hold it with one hand, as I do not encase its back with my finger completly, so stabilize it’s left side with my fingertips, but place my tips on it’s back and place it on my small finger. It’s still pretty stable and I can reach everything very quickly as that position allows much more movement of the thumb in every direction.

It fits in all pockets, even in the backpocket; I could only imagine the typically small pocket sized womens pants to not have enough space for it - though that would apply to every phone then. It doesn’t feel like a brick, neither really in size nor weight.

• CamiloOP
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      9 months ago

That’s good, I think having a powerful phone if you can use it comfortably is great.

In my case, I started having wrist pain from just using the phone.

The ideal situation for me is that there are several options coexisting for everyone to choose, so I could get a small phone with some compromises and you could get a fully capable bigger phone also.

• CamiloOP
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      9 months ago

The camera is very good too. I would say that the pixel takes very good pictures but it applies a lot of opinionated touches to the end picture (like the extra HDR)

Overall I didn’t find myself taking too many pictures anyway, I’ll give it a better try later! 👍

• db2@sopuli.xyz
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    edit-2
    9 months ago

Asus is killing their phone division, so good luck with that.