'Cause I’m pretty sure KCPD is. Probably a lot of the sheriff departments, too.

• Chozo@kbin.social
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    10 months ago

One time I was at my old dealer’s house, chilling out and hitting his dab rig. He had security cameras up all around his property, and on one of the feeds I see a cop, in full uniform, walk up to the front door and ring the bell. Mind you, I’m at about a 11 out of 10 high at that point.

So naturally I start freaking the hell out, and I’m like “Dude, I think we’re fucked”. And my dealer’s like “Nah, don’t worry about it, just be cool”, opens the door, fist bumps the cop, and then proceeds to sell him a whole pound of weed right in front of me.

After he leaves, I ask “What the fuck was that?” and he goes “my best customer for the last 5 years, sometimes his whole squad comes up to buy.” So I dunno if Austin PD is running drugs on their own, or if that cop just gets completely zooted on the job every day, but there’s that.

• Lexam@lemmy.ca
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    10 months ago

This is simply an isolated incident that keeps happening over and over again.

• newbeni@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    10 months ago

My Mom used to date a KC firefighter that got caught in the park with hookers and blow…I wish I could make this stuff up. My husband thinks it’s hilarious 😂

• oldGregg@lemm.ee
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    edit-2
    10 months ago

As far as im aware my local PD’s dont directly sell drugs. But the sheriff owns and rents out drug houses. he charges extremely high rent and let them cook meth, and doesnt bust them(until he’s up for reelection) all while arresting their competition.

• fubo@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    10 months ago

In the little town where I went to college, the cops were specifically in the cocaine business. Not pot or psychedelics; townies came on campus to get those. Not heroin; that was the sketchy dude who hung out by the record store. Not meth; that was the sketchier dude who hung out by the middle school basketball court at night. But for coke? You gotta know a cop.

• CaptPretentious@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    10 months ago

When I was in high school, we had an officer assigned to the school. He was a racist dealer from what I gathered. He’s bust the Hispanic kids and then sell to the white kids. He also crashed the new mustang police car trying to show it off, almost hitting students. Was pretty obvious he was dirty when he one day had a really nice sports car. He now owns a coffee shop, which I’ve never visited. I assume it’s just a money laundering front.

• TheYear2525@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    edit-2
    10 months ago

Small city in TN here. They do their deals in the Waffle House parking lot, and protect their suppliers from the competition.